Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivers November 28.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Just got my email. Original ship date was 12/13. Will now ship today
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I'm jumping back into an iPad this year, after having a Samsung tablet for a few years. iPads are just getting too cheap. Black Friday deals have the 32GB, wifi only, non-pro version for $250.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I'm jumping back into an iPad this year, after having a Samsung tablet for a few years. iPads are just getting too cheap. Black Friday deals have the 32GB, wifi only, non-pro version for $250.
          I hardly ever use a tablet anymore.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            What are you using instead? I haven't used one in about a year since my last one was crunched under foot. I have sorely missed it.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Me either. Phone or laptop.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

What are you using instead? I haven't used one in about a year since my last one was crunched under foot. I have sorely missed it.
                Phone or laptop.

I used to use it as a Kindle reader, but now that I’m into Audible I don’t do that anymore.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Phone or laptop.

I used to use it as a Kindle reader, but now that I’m into Audible I don’t do that anymore.
                  I watch a lot of Netflix and plex-delivered content on it. I don't have a laptop and phone is too small.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• i want the 12.9 pro but not sure what i would use it for. travel? pdf markup and consumption? that may be it.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      i want the 12.9 pro but not sure what i would use it for. travel? pdf markup and consumption? that may be it.
                      The iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil is great for taking notes and PDF markup.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I use an iPad mini for a smart home controller panel... Here are some screen shots:

Main.jpg

Weather.jpg

Traffic.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Other things I use it for:

- When I am on my stationary bike I use it to read my email, CS, etc. The mini is a nice "in between" size between the iPhone and laptop.

- I "sync" my plex stuff to it to watch offline on trips. It is also great for watch BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) content on flights, etc.

- I have a slingbox at home the slingplayer app installed to want my sports channels from my cable while on the road. Hotels don't usually have the SEC, Longhorn, etc. channels.

- I keep a very large library of books, papers, etc on it to read. (I have the 128GB model.) I will also sometimes use the Voice Dream app on it to read me the book or paper like when I am driving or something. I mark up PDF's which are sync'ed to my other devices via iCloud. Reading PDFs on an iPhone sucks and who wants to take your laptop into the bathroom?

- I use the Notability app for note taking. I also have Notability on my iPhone and laptop and my notes automatically get synced between all my devices.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Apple admits to using software updates to slow down older phones, such as iPhone 6, 6s, 7, etc.

he tech giant issued a rare statement of explanation on Thursday, saying that it has used software updates to limit the performance of older iPhones that may have battery issues that would cause them to turn off suddenly.

Tech analysts and angry customers have reported in recent days that operating system updates had caused older iPhones to slow considerably, with some suggesting that Apple could be using the tactic to encourage fans to buy new phones.

Apple insists the updates were made with a different goal in mind: It said the performance of lithium-ion batteries degrades over time, which can sometimes cause phones to suddenly shut down in order to protect their components.
                          http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/21/tech...nes/index.html

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Apple admits to using software updates to slow down older phones, such as iPhone 6, 6s, 7, etc.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/21/tech...nes/index.html

Its not a bad idea, tbh, but it should have been offered as an option.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              Its not a bad idea, tbh, but it should have been offered as an option.
                              The problem is that it looks like Apple could be doing it to drive sales of newer phones. They claim its because the batteries begin to degrade, but they don't offer replaceable batteries (at least, not affordable ones that consumers can replace themselves).

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The problem is that it looks like Apple could be doing it to drive sales of newer phones. They claim its because the batteries begin to degrade, but they don't offer replaceable batteries (at least, not affordable ones that consumers can replace themselves).
                                SUre, but the replacebale batteries is an issue everyone knows up front when they buy the phone. I could tell my old phone battery was degrading. I probably would have adopted a slow but safe iOS development but it should have been made available as an option.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X