Hollywood, heal thyself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    How does Seth McFarlane seem to know all this stuff so far in advance?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/11/seth-m...tions-6991307/
    Maybe he reads my postings on CS... http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1337278
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Maybe he reads my postings on CS... http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1337278
      Dude, that doesn't even make sense.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Dude, that doesn't even make sense.
        Translation: Old news, Dude.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Translation: Old news, Dude.
          I am just noting a pattern, UT. Relax.

We should all start mining Family Guy episodes to see which shoes will drop next.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I am just noting a pattern, UT. Relax.

We should all start mining Family Guy episodes to see which shoes will drop next.
            Noted. Maybe this is all common knowledge in hollywood: http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1337796
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

How does Seth McFarlane seem to know all this stuff so far in advance?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/11/seth-m...tions-6991307/
              Yeah, what a coincidence.

I suspect a lot more hollywooders are in the know as well, but keep it in the family.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Spacey's response is a disaster.

Yeah, I am a pedophile. But it's ok because I am gay!
                (i am sure gays will appreciate this connection)

I don't remember doing it. But I remember I was drunk.
                (wait, why do you remember you were drunk?)
                (why in the hell are you drinking around 14-yr-old kids?)

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Yeah, what a coincidence.

I suspect a lot more hollywooders are in the know as well, but keep it in the family.
                  Don't blame MacFarlane. He explained his motivations:

“In 2011, my friend and colleague Jessica Barth, with whom, I worked on the Ted films, confided in me regarding her encounter with Harvey Weinstein and his attempted advances…It was with this account in mind that when I hosted the Oscars in 2013, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a hard swing in his direction, this came from a place of loathing and anger. There is nothing more abhorrent and indefensible than abuse of power such as this. I respect and applaud my friend Jessica and those sharing their stories for their decision to come forward, and for being champions of the truth.”
                  He has clarified that by saying that when someone shares these stories with him, he can't directly publicize the details of the incident without the person's permission, but he can let the perpetrator know he is on to them by mocking them on his show (or elsewhere).

Comment

Don't blame MacFarlane. He explained his motivations:

He has clarified that by saying that when someone shares these stories with him, he can't directly publicize the details of the incident without the person's permission, but he can let the perpetrator know he is on to them by mocking them on his show (or elsewhere).
                    Not blaming him, blaming an industry that has looked the other way.

Makes one wonder what he or other writers at Family Guy know about Spacey.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Lots of stories floating around twitter right now about Spacey similar things to other kids.

Comment

And that clip was so specific and so unrelated to the plot that it can't be an accident.

Comment

• This movement to expose predators is really starting to roll. We’re like two weeks from Kirk Cameron being hired for every 2018 release.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            This movement to expose predators is really starting to roll. We’re like two weeks from Kirk Cameron being hired for every 2018 release.
                            He'll be the only one left behind.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                              This movement to expose predators is really starting to roll. We’re like two weeks from Kirk Cameron being hired for every 2018 release.
                              I don't trust Kirk Cameron.

Scott Baio and David Spade (look it up) have been rolling through Playboy playmates and such for 30+ years. In other words, they're doing the exact thing that any normal heterosexual male would do if given that level of fame and decent ability to pull the ladies. Although I can't stand him, I think we can trust Ryan Reynolds too.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                I don't trust Kirk Cameron.

Scott Baio and David Spade (look it up) have been rolling through Playboy playmates and such for 30+ years. In other words, they're doing the exact thing that any normal heterosexual male would do if given that level of fame and decent ability to pull the ladies. Although I can't stand him, I think we can trust Ryan Reynolds too.
                                Very weird thing for you to know.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X