BYU 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Not disagreeing with you, but where would you propose more minutes come from for him?
    I don't know. You all seem seem better at this than me, but he gave us great minutes last year. I haven't seen Lowell or Harward play. I hope I end up not missing Lee's little dipsydoodle shot 3 feet from the basket.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Robert E. or Kolby?
      Bravo.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Absolutely. It should be fun to see how the roster develops, who steps up, and how they all fit together. There seem to be lots of quality pieces. Here's a shot in the dark:

PG Averette (25) Barcelo (10) Wade (5)
        SG Barcelo (15) Harding (10) Johnson (10) Knell (5)
        SF Harding (15) Baxter (10) George (10) Lohner (5)
        PF Baxter (15) Lohner (15) Lowell (10)
        C Haarms (15) Harward (10) Lowell (10) Lee (5)
        I feel like I might be undervaluing Lowell and Harward with this allocation. If they go big more, I could see Harding's minutes coming at the SG spot at the expense of Johnson/Knell and maybe even Barcelo.

The playing roster will probably be more compressed - probably won't have 10 different guys getting double-digit minutes.

I'm probably higher on Knell than I have any reason to be.

Averette 25
        Barcelo 25
        Harding 25
        Baxter 25
        Lowell 20
        Lohner 20
        Haarms 15
        Harward 10
        Johnson 10
        George 10
        Wade 5
        Knell 5
        Lee 5

How many minutes are you expecting Lohner to play per game? With his best position right now being the 5, how many minutes are you expecting him at the 5?
        I think BYU goes 9 deep. With Lohner released from his Utah NLI I expect George won't play much. When I say 9 deep I mean when the game matters. So obviously Wade, George, Knell and Lee will get some minutes but I think barring injury and foul trouble (both of which will happen) BYU plays Averette, Barcello, Baxter, Harding, Haarms, Harward, Lowell, Lohner and Johnson.

My breakdown:

Averette and Barcello- 28 mpg each
        Haarms and Harding- 24 mpg each
        Baxter and Harward - 22 mpg
        Lowell -20 mpg
        Johnson and Lohner - 16 mpg
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Lee gets no respect.
          Looks like Lee will get a little more respect.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Looks like Lee will get a little more respect.
            I’m not following. Care to expound?
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I’m not following. Care to expound?
              Lowell is out with a torn labrum like Baxter was last year.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Lowell is out with a torn labrum like Baxter was last year.

Ah, bummer.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

https://www.byutv.org/player/faeba95...ractice-101420

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for the link.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

This practice is fun. Someone said they were televising a few more this year?

I am excited for hoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        This practice is fun. Someone said they were televising a few more this year?

I am excited for hoops.
                        Yeah that was really cool. Way better than the basketball showcase our whatever they called it before.

Comment

I wonder how many other college hoops programs broadcast their practices, and, while doing so, had interviews with:

1. A Naismith Hall of Fame coach who is not affiliated to the school
                          2. A former All-American player and current NBA GM
                          3. Craig Cusick

Comment

BYUtvSports (via Facebook) has an interview with Rick Pitino who describes Mark Pope in the most glowing possible terms--among the hardest working people, with supreme integrity, of any person he's worked with in 40 years of coaching. The interviewer was not Kiki Solano.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              BYUtvSports (via Facebook) has an interview with Rick Pitino who describes Mark Pope in the most glowing possible terms--among the hardest working people, with supreme integrity, of any person he's worked with in 40 years of coaching. The interviewer was not Kiki Solano.
                              That was a fun interview. I learned that Pope used to say "Frick" a lot during practices in college (or was it "Frig"? I couldn't tell which swear Pitino was repeating).

edit: Rick also praised the Jimmer.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Did RP take any trips to the bathroom during the interview?

Comment

Working...
                                X