Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Meet someone who calls themself a white nationalist and you've met a racist. It's really just that, a politically correct term for racists.
    What is your word/phrase label for people of the second type I described above?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      What is your word/phrase label for people of the second type I described above?
      Now see, that's a great example of a racist person whose racism is described a bit more diplomatically.
      Last edited by Commando; 05-11-2019, 08:12 AM.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Now see, that's a great example of a racist person whose racism is described a bit more diplomatically.
        So, just to make this clear, people who advocate for the preservation of their culture, community, society, etc. are all racists?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando
          Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
          So, just to make this clear, people who advocate for the preservation of their culture, community, society, etc. are all racists?
          Not taking sides because both sides you each potentially represent, represents an extreme. Perhaps a good question to ask is: is there such as thing as race?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...cience-africa/

Over the past few decades, genetic research has revealed two deep truths about people. The first is that all humans are closely related—more closely related than all chimps, even though there are many more humans around today. Everyone has the same collection of genes, but with the exception of identical twins, everyone has slightly different versions of some of them. Studies of this genetic diversity have allowed scientists to reconstruct a kind of family tree of human populations. That has revealed the second deep truth: In a very real sense, all people alive today are Africans.

Comment

People who call themselves white nationalists are. White is not a culture or a community. Irish is a culture, Danish is a culture, etc. I wouldn't use that term and expect a sensible person to not assume you mean racist.

You're misinvesting nuance where it doesn't fit or work.

Here is the most popular "white nationalist" website online, and this is their motto

We are a community of racial realists and idealists. We are White Nationalists who support true diversity and a homeland for all peoples, including ours. We are the voice of the new, embattled White minority!

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Seriously go check out the people who self-identify with that term. Those folks are the ones who coined that phrase.
            Last edited by frank ryan; 05-11-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Leave it to the Dems to remove motivation to buy a Tesla...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...509-story.html

Why do the Dems hate the environment so much?
              This is about the time that people start to realize just how much of their gas price is pure gasoline and how much is taxes. The economics of an electric car go even further down when their owners have to start paying their fair share of road maintenance.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Even if the terms ‘white nationalist’ and ‘Judeo-Christian values’ ever had non-racist connotations (which I don’t believe), they are very loaded now. Why even co-opt a term like that in this political climate?

This is not a hill to die on. If you are in favor of a pluralistic society, then there’s your term.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Swampfrog, in addition to stormfront.org, also check out wikipedia's little entry on White Nationalism. It's really not complex, that terms is used by those who self-identify as racists but want to soften it a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalism

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    This is about the time that people start to realize just how much of their gas price is pure gasoline and how much is taxes. The economics of an electric car go even further down when their owners have to start paying their fair share of road maintenance.
                    Yeah, those snobby Tesla owners, with their ludicrous mode, can afford it.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

People who call themselves white nationalists are. White is not a culture or a community. Irish is a culture, Danish is a culture, etc. I wouldn't use that term and expect a sensible person to not assume you mean racist.

You're misinvesting nuance where it doesn't fit or work.

Here is the most popular "white nationalist" website online, and this is their motto

We are a community of racial realists and idealists. We are White Nationalists who support true diversity and a homeland for all peoples, including ours. We are the voice of the new, embattled White minority!

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Seriously go check out the people who self-identify with that term. Those folks are the ones who coined that phrase.
                      You have a narrow definition of culture.

Comment

Swampfrog, in addition to stormfront.org, also check out wikipedia's little entry on White Nationalism. It's really not complex, that terms is used by those who self-identify as racists but want to soften it a bit.

Lol why are you trying to reason with him?

Just believe him when he presents himself as a racist.

What he posted and what Richard Spencer says isn’t really any different. Read again what he said it’s shockingly awful his definition of what is acceptable.

Comment

Swampfrog, in addition to stormfront.org, also check out wikipedia's little entry on White Nationalism. It's really not complex, that terms is used by those who self-identify as racists but want to soften it a bit.

I accept that those that self-identify as white nationalists are either racist or ignorant of the current common usage of the term "White Nationalist". I think my perception here has moved from the last time we discussed it.

I would still appreciate you providing the answer to the question I asked, remove the label "White Nationalist(2)" from the description and just evaluate it as a position. Do you agree with Commando in that the description of the 2nd position is a racist position? Assume the people who hold this position do not self-identify as White Nationalists.

If it is not a racist position, does it have a name?

I see a common tactic to take people that advocate for the preservation of their community, religion, values, etc. labeled as something along the lines of "White Nationalist" so their position can be effectively dismissed. I am trying to discover exactly at which point advocating for the preservation of commonalities within a community cross into racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                            Read again what he said it’s shockingly awful his definition of what is acceptable.
                            Can you please quote exactly the definition I provided that you found unacceptable? I reject the first definition outright in case you were wondering. FR mentioned that "Irish is a culture, Danish is a culture, etc." Is it racist to advocate for the preservation of those cultures?

Comment

When that preservation relies on limiting others access to culture, community, and society, chances are yes. Maybe not racist, but at least prejudice and likely xenophobic which is just as bad as racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                                When that preservation relies on limiting others access to culture, community, and society, chances are yes. Maybe not racist, but at least prejudice and likely xenophobic which is just as bad as racist.
                                Ok. Here is a conversation between a black man and a Jewish man about the pros and cons of marrying-in. Is this a racist conversation? Are some of the ideas expressed racist?

A lot of black folks worry about disappearing...when you have the chance to build a stable black family, the idea is you've got to do it.
                                There's something else - despite liberalism, I do take some undeserved pride in being partnered with a black woman. And to make it even more perverse, I take pride in being partnered with a very dark skin black woman.
                                And by the way, just so you understand, I'm not for in-marriage - if that's what you call it - because I'm prejudiced against everyone but Jews. (Actually, there's a lot of Jews who think I am especially prejudiced against Jews - you should read my mail). This has nothing to do with outsiders; this is only about self-preservation. We've been around for a long time, and my suspicion is that there's a reason for this. I'm not diving into theology here, but I have this feeling that peoples don't survive the way the Jews have survived for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X