Ocasio-Cortez, a poor [wo]man’s Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Someone should ask her if the US government should be responsible and liable for the actions of anyone who has had a student loan backed by federal funds - since the federal government paid for their education.
    Ha. Yeah, her line of reasoning there is beyond ludicrous. Kind of what one would expect if you took a naive bartender and put him/her in congress.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• WTF... We are all doomed in 10 years! The New Green Deal fails in the senate:

Green New Deal fails Senate test vote as dozens of Democrats vote 'present'

The Green New Deal, a sweeping Democratic proposal for dealing with climate change, fell at the first hurdle Tuesday as the Senate failed to reach the 60 votes necessary to begin debate on the non-binding resolution, with 42 Democrats and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., voting "present."
      [...]
      https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...s-of-democrats

And I thought Bernie was AOC's (only) friend.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        WTF... We are all doomed in 10 years! The New Green Deal fails in the senate:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gre...s-of-democrats

And I thought Bernie was AOC's (only) friend.
        Haha, what is Mike Lee doing? From that article:

Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, called the Green New Deal "ridiculous" and displayed pictures of dinosaurs, cartoon characters and babies on the Senate floor. He said he was treating the plan "with the seriousness it deserves."
        Also:

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Haha, what is Mike Lee doing? From that article:

Also:

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• AOC can speak jive...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hey, it worked for Hillary... right?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• AOC says that is how she talks... for reals

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• LOL... AOC is lecturing a Navy Seal on terrorism:

Ocasio-Cortez Defends Omar's 9/11 Comments By Mocking War Hero Dan Crenshaw

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) rushed to the defense of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) on Thursday after a clip of Omar went viral this week that showed her describing the 9/11 terrorist attacks as "some people did something."

Ocasio-Cortez defended Omar by making multiple false claims and by mocking Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), who called out Omar for trivializing the 9/11 terror attacks.

The 29-year-old former bartender attacked Crenshaw, a decorated war hero, by suggesting that he was not fighting for the families of 9/11 victims and saying that he should "go do something" about terrorism.

As a Navy SEAL, Crenshaw lost his eye fighting terrorists in Afghanistan and earned 2 Bronze Stars (one with Valor), the Purple Heart, the Navy Commendation Medal with Valor, and other awards.
                  [...]
                  https://www.dailywire.com/news/45880...-ryan-saavedra

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Cracks in the democratic party... But Pelosi says that it is nothing to worry about:

Pelosi rips AOC, says her posse in Congress is ‘like five people’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi just sent some more shade to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

In a “60 Minutes” interview, correspondent Lesley Stahl pointed out the different groups within the House Democratic caucus. “You have these wings — AOC and her group on one side,” Stahl said.

“That’s like five people,” Pelosi interrupted.

Stahl corrected the snarky remark, saying that the “progressive group is more than five.”

“Well, I’m progressive — I’m a progressive, yeah,” Pelosi responded.

The Congressional Progressive Caucus has 98 members and is the second largest group of Democrats in the Congress. Ocasio-Cortez is one of the group’s most recognizable freshmen members.

Seven Democratic House members, including Ocasio-Cortez, are supported by the progressive political action the Justice Democrats, which Pelosi could also have been referring to.

On several occasions now, Pelosi has downplayed any splits within her ranks — and also tried to dim some of Ocasio-Cortez’s star power.

In a recent interview with USA Today, the House Speaker pointed out that votes are more significant than Twitter followers — a remark that was also interpreted to be a dig at AOC.
                    [...]
                    https://nypost.com/2019/04/08/pelosi...ter-followers/
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Cracks in the democratic party... But Pelosi says that it is nothing to worry about:

https://nypost.com/2019/04/08/pelosi...ter-followers/
                      I'm beginning to admire Nancy Pelosi. I never thought I'd say that. That quote is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        I'm beginning to admire Nancy Pelosi. I never thought I'd say that. That quote is awesome.
                        Yeah, those quotes are great. Pelosi >>>>>>> AOC.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think the quotes are great. And I also agree that Pelosi is better than AOC (kind of like saying that car wreck is better than a train wreck - but it's still better...)

But Pelosi just comes across as a jealous old guard who isn't ready to give her place up to the younger generation quite yet rather than as a leader of the organization that's in charge. I take the snarky as frustration at the amount of attention AOC gets, and wanting to minimize her. I also get that she has to be careful how she approaches it to not put out her own constituents and other members of congress - particularly since she's apparently trying to say they aren't as divided as some believe.

Overall - funny comments for a late night show, I guess. But not really a demonstration of leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            I think the quotes are great. And I also agree that Pelosi is better than AOC (kind of like saying that car wreck is better than a train wreck - but it's still better...)

But Pelosi just comes across as a jealous old guard who isn't ready to give her place up to the younger generation quite yet rather than as a leader of the organization that's in charge. I take the snarky as frustration at the amount of attention AOC gets, and wanting to minimize her. I also get that she has to be careful how she approaches it to not put out her own constituents and other members of congress - particularly since she's apparently trying to say they aren't as divided as some believe.

Overall - funny comments for a late night show, I guess. But not really a demonstration of leadership.
                            It would have been nice if the interviewer had actually followed up with questions on what she meant, rather than trying to correct her.

Comment

• I am sure glad that Snopes cleared this up... https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oc...rice-is-right/

I was sure it was real!
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I am sure glad that Snopes cleared this up... https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/oc...rice-is-right/

I was sure it was real!
                                1 - That there is funny.

2 - Does Snopes now have an entire staff dedicated to fact checking The Onion and SNL too?

Comment

Working...
                                X