I am declaring my independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I didn't realize the national democratic party is officially chasing Oprah for 2020. And only one week after she gave her speech! They are way more desperate than the republicans!

You can laugh all you want at a party nominating someone who lost to Trump. Go ahead, I'll laugh a little with you. That party might have some serious issues. But they are not the dumpster fire that has allowed Trump and his demagoguery to completely take over their party.
    The reality is the Democrats introduced so much stupid crap as they got intoxicated with their shangra la of the electorate of the ascendency, and its assurance of eternal electoral dominance, that they fostered the coalition of those fed up with the absurd. Trump was a reaction to the Democrat/leftist cultural overreach. He was able to uniquely leverage the fatigue with batshit crazy liberal nocturnal emissions. Democrats were to blame more than Republicans. All reasonable people would agree with me.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I didn't realize the national democratic party is officially chasing Oprah for 2020. And only one week after she gave her speech! They are way more desperate than the republicans!
      V9Kvtp2TwWqD67rcorbYBEn9HTt8ht3_8ycNWYTupjQ.jpg

I am guessing that The Rock, who is currently a registered GOP'er, will most likely be the Libertarians' candidate.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        The reality is the Democrats introduced so much stupid crap as they got intoxicated with their shangra la of the electorate of the ascendency, and its assurance of eternal electoral dominance, that they fostered the coalition of those fed up with the absurd. Trump was a reaction to the Democrat/leftist cultural overreach. He was able to uniquely leverage the fatigue with batshit crazy liberal nocturnal emissions. Democrats were to blame more than Republicans. All reasonable people would agree with me.
        The GOP is accountable for the shitty actions of their voters. They weren’t compelled to vote for an unstable, bigoted moron.

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          I was a little sad that no one got the joke in my original comment.
          I got it. Woody Allen in Annie Hall.
          We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
            I got it. Woody Allen in Annie Hall.
            TripletDaddy would've gotten it and then said something even funnier in response.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              The GOP is accountable for the shitty actions of their voters. They weren’t compelled to vote for an unstable, bigoted moron.
              The GOP'ers didn't have any choice... you know, the "lessor of the two evils" (Hillary is pretty damn evil) and the supreme court thing. Of course, they should have realized they could have just voted for Johnson and not held their noses while voting.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                What I've been realizing is that the federal discretionary budget amounts leaves only about 6% available, as Social Security, Medicare, Military, governmental employee costs and debt service consume the other 94%.

So in reality, each party is arguing over almost nothing. There is only a difference in style and not much more. That is why in no small part the economy moves along however it wishes no matter if Obama or even Trump are president.

I agree with your frustration.
                Everyone keeps using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. Mandatory spending consumes about 60% of the budget. Debt service 5 to 6%. That leaves about 35% that is discretionary that can theoretically be played with year to year. Unfortunately about 55% of that 35% is defense spending, which is hard to negotiate between the two extremes. So yeah generational entitlements absolutely are the main driver for our debt crisis, but there is room to save in discretionary spending. That's why I always say I hate dumb cliches like grand bargain but that's the only way we solve the debt issue: a restructuring of entitlements coupled with a reduction in defense spending.

Not sure what you mean by government employees unless you are referring to pensions, but that is included in the 60% mandatory spending number. The really depressing part is these percentages are computed on the federal budget outlays, which has been significantly greater than actual revenue for decades (minus a brief period in the 90s).

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                What about all those racist working class rust belt voters who supported Obama but then switched to Trump. Can we blame them too?

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                  Even if it is true that the dems are to blame more than the republicans for Trump (which I, a reasonable person, disagrees with), a sane political party would have done everything it could have to make sure he didn't end up as the candidate. The GOP didn't prevent the nomination of an abject clown. Therefore, the GOP is not a serious political party.

And yes, the democrats nominated Hillary. But she was at least a serious candidate, despite her numerous flaws and ethical shortcomings.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

I will add, to be fair, that when I say debt crisis I mean the structural problems with entitlements that will overwhelm us if not fixed. Entitlemebt outlays are just now starting to exceed payroll taxes, so we got to where we are at mostly by out of control discretionary spending, to which defense is a large contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      The GOP'ers didn't have any choice... you know, the "lessor of the two evils" (Hillary is pretty damn evil) and the supreme court thing. Of course, they should have realized they could have just voted for Johnson and not held their noses while voting.
                      Can you imagine the lunatics Johnson would have nominated for the Supreme Court? He'd try name the Former President of Mexico. Er, what's his name.. ugh, I'm having a brain... agh.

Last edited by falafel; 01-10-2018, 04:57 PM.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And yes, the democrats nominated Hillary. But she was at least a serious candidate, despite her numerous flaws and ethical shortcomings.
                        The democrats' primary was totally rig against anyone that tried to run against Hillary... Bernie was the only one stupid enough to try. Didn't you hear what Pocahontas said?!?

Asked if DNC system was rigged in Clinton's favor, Warren says 'yes'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said she believes that the Democratic National Committee was "rigged" in favor of former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during the 2016 primary.

Asked Thursday by CNN's Jake Tapper whether she believes that the Democratic campaign organization was tipped in favor of Clinton over her primary opponent, independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Warren responded without hesitation: "Yes."
                        [...]
                        http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politi...ged/index.html
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          The democrats' primary was totally rig against anyone that tried to run against Hillary... Bernie was the only one stupid enough to try. Didn't you hear what Pocahontas said?!?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politi...ged/index.html
                          What I would have given for a national party to rig the nomination against Trump...
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Can you imagine the lunatics Johnson would have nominated for the Supreme Court? He'd try name the Former President of Mexico. Er, what's his name.. ugh, I'm having a brain... agh.
                            "Uber Lawyers"... Sounds good to me!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              Everyone keeps using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. Mandatory spending consumes about 60% of the budget. Debt service 5 to 6%. That leaves about 35% that is discretionary that can theoretically be played with year to year. Unfortunately about 55% of that 35% is defense spending, which is hard to negotiate between the two extremes. So yeah generational entitlements absolutely are the main driver for our debt crisis, but there is room to save in discretionary spending. That's why I always say I hate dumb cliches like grand bargain but that's the only way we solve the debt issue: a restructuring of entitlements coupled with a reduction in defense spending.

Not sure what you mean by government employees unless you are referring to pensions, but that is included in the 60% mandatory spending number. The really depressing part is these percentages are computed on the federal budget outlays, which has been significantly greater than actual revenue for decades (minus a brief period in the 90s).

What about all those racist working class rust belt voters who supported Obama but then switched to Trump. Can we blame them too?
                              Look at this pie chart.

https://media.nationalpriorities.org...ending_pie.png

Debt is 7%, but how many of those are discretionary?
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

I'm willing to be an adult to make up for the Baby Boomers' and Greatest Generation's greed.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post936557
                                http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post924277
                                http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post818620
                                http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post800576
                                http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post760535
                                http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ity#post628081
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X