Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Will Patch return this season?

We would need him against Long Beach State or Ohio State if the team gets that far.
    I think he's been listed as day to day for a few weeks so not sure we have good information about a return date.

Comment

How nice is it to have the luxury of having someone like Tim Dobbert to come in to replace Patch?
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        How nice is it to have the luxury of having someone like Tim Dobbert to come in to replace Patch?
        Yeah, he's been more than solid. Kind of funny he's probably going to end up being the starting opposite as a freshman (during Patch's mission) and as a senior (next year) given it's widely rumored that Patch is going pro.

Comment

I'm guessing topper was not impressed with a 5 set victory over LBSU tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            It's like the first match I've missed this year (on a plane).

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
              It's like the first match I've missed this year (on a plane).
              Bummer. Best match ever. My throat is sore and my ears are ringing.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Bummer. Best match ever. My throat is sore and my ears are ringing.
                Yeah, when I got off the plane I had basically 30 texts from my wife giving me a sort of play by play.

Comment

Great, high-level match tonight. Here's hoping for another BYU victory tomorrow.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

That was weird to see Patch come in for one point. It wasn't Patch that touched the net though, was it?
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

TJ for the Beach was amazing and single-handedly kept the Beach in it. But for a period of weakness, BYU would have closed it out in four.

Ohio State, which returns most of its team from last year and has the best serve and defending team in the nation, is a big concern for BYU. Last night the passing by BYU was atrocious, which caused the setters to set awkwardly. BYU was fortunate last night that the Beach had so many service errors. Durkin was subbed out because his passing was so bad in the first set. Kudos to Olmstead for making the change but there needs to be improvement in the passing if BYU wants to challenge for the national championship. BYU has improved in its service attack, as compared to last year, but its hitting is still behind DiFalgo and Ohio State. Blocking remains a concern, though there were some key blocks last night.
                      Last edited by Topper; 03-25-2017, 07:38 AM.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

TJ for the Beach was amazing and single-handedly kept the Beach in it. But for a period of weakness, BYU would have closed it out in four.

Ohio State, which returns most of its team from last year and has the best serve and defending team in the nation, is a big concern for BYU. Last night the passing by BYU was atrocious, which caused the setters to set awkwardly. BYU was fortunate last night that the Beach had so many service errors. Durkin was subbed out because his passing was so bad in the first set. Kudos to Olmstead for making the change but there needs to be improvement in the passing if BYU wants to challenge for the national championship. BYU has improved in its service attack, as compared to last year, but its hitting is still behind DiFalgo and Ohio State. Blocking remains a concern, though there were some key blocks last night.
                        That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to accommodate you.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

That was weird to see Patch come in for one point. It wasn't Patch that touched the net though, was it?
                              Yes it was Patch that netted on the block that would have sealed the victory. Lots of folks didn't like Olmstead subbing Patch in when he did but I loved it. I also loved the timeout right before he came in when BYU had a match point with LBSU serving. Great gamesmanship. Ice the server after defending the previous match point and throw Patch in to maybe throw LBSU for a loop. Damn near worked too and didn't matter in the end.

Olmstead deserves COY. He's been incredible managing the roster with all the injuries this year to key players. Sander, Langlois, Patch and Jarman have all missed games. To sit atop the best conference after all that is something. Also it isn't easy to juggle guys like that and keep everyone happy and focused on putting the team first.

Last night's match was an all-timer. Maybe the best match I've ever watched. The defense was incredible. BYU is in a much better position to take down Ohio State this year than they were last year. Their service receive and service attack is so much better. Dobbert has been a revelation with Patch out. He had 16 digs last night, 5 blocks and 3 aces. This team is on a roll right now and I can't wait for tonight.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

LBSU is really, really good, but it feels like there was a bit of BYU shooting themselves in the foot tonight. The MPSF tournament will be a blast as always. I didn't know about the conference membership changes before tonight. That's too bad; it's been a fun quarter century of conference play.

Comment

Working...
                                X