Baseball thread 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    If the #2 pitcher hadn't gone down for the year halfway through, it would have been enough to get them into the ncaa tournament. They were almost able to hang on without him.
    Yes, the injury to Buffo shortchanged an otherwise successful season. The loss of Kyle Dean didn't help.

Do you know what type of recruits BYU will bring in for next year? It seems there were two recruits from Virginia or North Carolina IIRC. Are they mission bound? One of them appeared to be high draftable though.

Any pitching prospects? We needed more depth in pitching and could use a little more speed on the bases.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Yes, the injury to Buffo shortchanged an otherwise successful season. The loss of Kyle Dean didn't help.

Do you know what type of recruits BYU will bring in for next year? It seems there were two recruits from Virginia or North Carolina IIRC. Are they mission bound? One of them appeared to be high draftable though.

Any pitching prospects? We needed more depth in pitching and could use a little more speed on the bases.
      I know of a really good commit they have. Only problem is if he gets drafted in the first 5 rounds he is headed off to pro baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        I know of a really good commit they have. Only problem is if he gets drafted in the first 5 rounds he is headed off to pro baseball.
        Which is a problem any good college baseball program has. And it is a nice problem to have.
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          Which is a problem any good college baseball program has. And it is a nice problem to have.
          Yes, I am impressed with the BYU coach and his ability to recruit.

Comment

Yes, I am impressed with the BYU coach and his ability to recruit.
            Why did he offer your grandson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Why did he offer your grandson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              No he hasn't. He is still having the his coach emphasize to him he needs to graduate from seminary though.

The Utah coach hasn't offered yet either, but I think the kid and my son have a scheduled visit up there. Can they offer Freshman? Maybe his season average of .284 wasn't that impressive and he will end up playing on a slow pitch softball team when he is in college.

Comment

No he hasn't. He is still having the his coach emphasize to him he needs to graduate from seminary though.

The Utah coach hasn't offered yet either, but I think the kid and my son have a scheduled visit up there. Can they offer Freshman? Maybe his season average of .284 wasn't that impressive and he will end up playing on a slow pitch softball team when he is in college.
                Freshmen usually don't play varsity either so I don't think anybody was too worried about his batting average this year. If he only hits in the 200s next year then it may reflect where he would land as a prospect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Then our plan to convert you to the dark side will be complete!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    Then our plan to convert you to the dark side will be complete!
                    At least you realize you are the Dark Side. And the Dark Side always loses in the end.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      At least you realize you are the Dark Side. And the Dark Side always loses in the end.
                      Not this decade!

Comment

Not this decade!
                        Thats because God, the legislature, and common sense all decided this is not the end. Obviously.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thats because God, the legislature, and common sense all decided this is not the end. Obviously.
                          I agree with you that the results this decade are what God wanted and what common sense dictates. But the Utah legislature? Link?

Comment

I agree with you that the results this decade are what God wanted and what common sense dictates. But the Utah legislature? Link?
                            I know that Utah caters to those with little tiny spans of attention, but at least try to stay on topic?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I know that Utah caters to those with little tiny spans of attention, but at least try to stay on topic?
                              Sorry, my bad. Let's get back on track.

Ok, we were talking about Utah winning every game against byu since 2009 (it might be even longer, I honestly don't remember). Is that where we are?

Comment

Sorry, my bad. Let's get back on track.

Ok, we were talking about Utah winning every game against byu since 2009 (it might be even longer, I honestly don't remember). Is that where we are?
                                Every game? In every sport? Sure. But, in the end, you're still the dark side and Good will prevail. SO enjoy whatever it is you're enjoying; at least you're self aware.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X