To All Cuffers in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    70F with 87% humidity at (almost) midnight.
    70F with 95% humidity at 6:21AM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• First the North frees the slaves, now it still has cold weather at Christmas. The Union is undefeated!
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

70F with 87% humidity at (almost) midnight.
        Got any room for some refugees from Utah? We woke up to over a foot of snow this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          Got any room for some refugees from Utah? We woke up to over a foot of snow this morning.
          Sure. If you're ever traveling through middle-of-nowhere South Carolina on the way to Myrtle Beach or Disney World, we've got some bunkbeds, two sofas, two recliners, a full bed, and about five air mattresses. We do ask for a little bit of warning so we can clean like mad, but, otherwise, quedan bienvenidos.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a week on the tenth of January. What do I want to do?
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a week on the tenth of January. What do I want to do?
              Are you a golfer? A nature lover? A seafood fan?

Comment

I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a week on the tenth of January. What do I want to do?
                Visit wuap.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Are you a golfer? A nature lover? A seafood fan?
                  Go-kart aficionado? Putt-putt connoisseur?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    Go-kart aficionado? Putt-putt connoisseur?
                    You and Tim can keep your "Lesser Carolina" snobbery up there in your shining, fancy metropolises. I like that shopping centers here have dirt parking lots.

Comment

• We swam for three hours this afternoon. Pool was at 70 degrees last night and we heated it up to 86. It was a gorgeous day.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Closing in on two feet of snow in some places out here. Church meetings canceled since Thursday. We're holding up so far.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Closing in on two feet of snow in some places out here. Church meetings canceled since Thursday. We're holding up so far.
                          We got about 2 inches of ice, but came through ok...we lost power for about 30 seconds. Most of town lost it for 12-18 hours. None of my pines came down. Phew (I have 51 on a half acre).

Comment

• Get out there this weekend cause the heat's a comin'.

Comment

Get out there this weekend cause the heat's a comin'.
                              I'm in Columbia for a conference. Went for a run today and it was so pleasant. I broke a sweat but not too much. A great change of pace from the chilly spring we have had in NYC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                I'm in Columbia for a conference. Went for a run today and it was so pleasant. I broke a sweat but not too much. A great change of pace from the chilly spring we have had in NYC.
                                I've spent the past two days in the Carolina Sandhills NWR among the birds, butterflies, and bees. It has been glorious. I actually have to work today and tomorrow, so I took 2 Ferris Buellar Days off because of the weather. It's stake conference this weekend, so I'll be out before sunup to listen to the dawn chorus and enjoy the last good day before the heat of next week. I'll be up your way the last week in June, rumbo a Prince Edward Island. Hopefully it'll be cooler than last June. UGH!

Comment

Working...
                                X