Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's NYT article about Trump and how much his dad helped him get started (Donald's "just a $1 Million loan that I paid back with interest" claim has always been ludicrous) is interesting, and now this article lays out a pretty convincing case for tax fraud, which has always been rife in real estate matters. In response to the Times' request for comment, Sarah Sanders went only with the aforementioned claim, and his lawyer said the Times is exposing itself to substantial liability for defamation (I didn't see that coming...).

Irrespective of whether the many examples given are both accurate and fraudulent, they provide yet another reason why, if the House goes to the Dems in the next election, the filing of articles of impeachment are a near certainty, although they may hold off until Trump provides them with his tax returns which will be subpoenaed. But perhaps that won't be resolved until Justice [Barrett?] is confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Sort of like renaming NAFTA and making it worse.

“The main achievement of the Trump renegotiation of NAFTA is changing its name,” said Libertarian National Committee Chair Nicholas Sarwark. “The rules on trade are almost exactly the same as they were. We would welcome more free trade and fewer agreements that micromanage how much of a product has to be made in each country.”

USMCA leaves the disastrous steel and aluminum tariffs in place. In an attempt to give the tariffs a positive spin, the Trade Partnership estimated in a 2018 study that they will save 33,464 jobs in the steel and nonferrous metals industries. The less obvious costs are much greater, though. As a direct result of those same tariffs, soaring steel and aluminum prices will cause the loss of 146,000 jobs in downstream metal fabrication industries."

https://www.lp.org/usmca-is-basicall...er-a-new-name/
      You just quoted a Libertarian article, which quoted a Libertarian politician. The author of the article is listed as "Staff". I'm not certain this is a news source.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        You just quoted a Libertarian article, which quoted a Libertarian politician. The author of the article is listed as "Staff". I'm not certain this is a news source.
        Ok, so it's an op-ed. I never said it was a "news" source. Totally irrelevant to the point I was making. But this is hardly the only place that is saying the same thing, which is that the changes are pretty minimal, and the most significant accomplishment here is re-branding. And it keeps the stupid steel and aluminum tariffs, which really makes it worse, if anything.

Here's a source with more analysis. The bottom line is even though it's not hugely different, it is still less free-trade than the previous version, which of course a libertarian (and nearly all economists) would have an issue with. Conservatives are supposed to like less government in commerce. This adds more. Trump deregulates domestically but wants more regulation if it involves goods crossing the border. It's incoherent policy.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/polit...ces/index.html
        Last edited by BlueK; 10-02-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Credit where credit is due. The bombshell NYT article that seems to credibly accuse him of tax fraud is forgotten after half a day, after he mocks Ford at a rally. He knows how to play the media.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Credit where credit is due. The bombshell NYT article that seems to credibly accuse him of tax fraud is forgotten after half a day, after he mocks Ford at a rally. He knows how to play the media.
            I heard an interview this morning with the author of a book about his ownership of the USFL NJ Generals franchise and what a sham that was. I'm just so sick of having a lifelong con man for president.

Comment

• A story in Politico yesterday seems to indicate there is probably evidence the Russian hacking of other Republican presidential campaigns that was first reported last August appears to have been done to help the Trump campaign. Sorry Devin Nunes.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ls-hack-857288
              Last edited by BlueK; 10-03-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

A story in Politico yesterday seems to indicate there is probably evidence the Russian hacking of other Republican presidential campaigns that was first reported last August appears to have been done to help the Trump campaign. Sorry Devin Nunes.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ls-hack-857288
                I didn't see any information in that article about hacking of other Republican presidential campaigns.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  I didn't see any information in that article about hacking of other Republican presidential campaigns.
                  Sorry, I was stitching a couple of things together. In this interview with a former GOP operative she says she was hacked, and some of her emails she believes later seem to have ended up in the hands of members of Team Trump. The hacking was being investigated by the feds through the S. district of NY, but has been taken over by the Mueller team. It is interesting they would make that referral. If nothing else, they must think there is something relevant there for the Mueller team. The US attorney who heads that office was a Trump hire.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-live-ari-melber

Of course this is unconfirmed at this point, but if it turns out the Russians hacked other Republicans who were working against Trump and that info ended up in the Trump campaign's hands, it's the smoking gun. Whether anyone will care, is another issue.

Regardless of the Mueller investigation, if Trump is guilty of tax fraud it qualifies as a high crime/misdemeanor by any reasonable standard.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 10-03-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Such a scary time for men...

I mean some of them today actually get in trouble for sexual predator behavior. No wonder Trump is horrified.

Comment

Such a scary time for men...

I mean some of them today actually get in trouble for sexual predator behavior. No wonder Trump is horrified.
                      We'll hold a candlelight vigil for Brock Turner-- the guy who had to serve six months plus probation for a sexual assault. No less deserving of a pardon from Trump than Arpaio, anyway...
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I'm sick of Trump's "people who disagree with me are just BAD people" mantra. Yeah, yeah, dems have used divisive politics before. Glenn Beck was so offended by Obama he was certain he must be a racist. But no one of either party has used the division of the country for their own selfish benefit to the extreme Trump has.

Comment

• Hillary Clinton: You 'cannot be civil' with Republicans, Democrats need to be 'tougher'

Hillary Clinton says the time for civility is over.

After the bitter and partisan fight over the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the former secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate declared that President Donald Trump has undermined the integrity of the nation's highest court and that it's time for Democrats to be "tougher" with their opponents, in an interview with CNN published Tuesday
                          [...]
                          https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ew/1578636002/

<--- Dems

Wait... They were civil before?

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• What's reckless is people suggesting that the Supreme Court is somehow without integrity.
                            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Michael Moore, the oracle of the 2016 election, says that the republicans are most likely going to keep the house and senate red... and that Drumpf is the smartest president ever:

Not to mention Moore is thinking that Drumpf will win again in 2020.

In other words, Moore thinks Dems are a bunch of losers.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• After reading blueK’s post is was feeling bad that Clinton lost the election...until I saw uncle ted’s post. I’m so glad she lost. So, so glad.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X