Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    https://www.vidangel.com/GOODNEWS

My guess, they are going to start streaming independent Christian-made films
    I think it's just a reference to the Second Coming.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I think they have cut a deal with one of the major studios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        I think they have cut a deal with one of the major studios.
        If so, that's great news. I'd be willing to pay $5-6 to rent an edited movie. MJ hates R rate movies, well some of them (she loves Saving Private Ryan, The Pianist, and will watch the unedited Band of Brothers), but it would be fun to watch more of them with her. We did watch The Revenant on VidAngel and I think we rarely understood anything the Tom Hardy character said as he was constantly silenced because of profanity. We left in the gory violence though :rockon2:
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

https://www.vidangel.com/GOODNEWS

My guess, they are going to start streaming independent Christian-made films
          With the nudity and swearing cut out? Who's gonna watch those?!?
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

If so, that's great news. I'd be willing to pay $5-6 to rent an edited movie. MJ hates R rate movies, well some of them (she loves Saving Private Ryan, The Pianist, and will watch the unedited Band of Brothers), but it would be fun to watch more of them with her. We did watch The Revenant on VidAngel and I think we rarely understood anything the Tom Hardy character said as he was constantly silenced because of profanity. We left in the gory violence though :rockon2:
            Mormons have a weird obsession with profanity.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I know, I love it more than I really should.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                It's pretty frickin' weird, if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• So it looks like they've gone to a subscription based model that filters Netflix and Amazon offerings. 7.99 a month. No agreement with either service to filter their content. Looks like they are doubling down rather than finding a workable solution.
                  Last edited by falafel; 06-13-2017, 09:01 PM.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    So it looks like they've gone to a subscription based model that filters Netflix and Amazon offerings. 7.99 a month. No agreement with either service to filter their content. Looks like they are doubling down rather than finding a workable solution.
                    Seems a bit different since at least this time don't you have to have your own Netflix or Amazon subscription and then they layer the filtering on top? Seems quite a bit different than the old way when they'd rip a DVD and "sell" you a digital copy to stream.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Seems a bit different since at least this time don't you have to have your own Netflix or Amazon subscription and then they layer the filtering on top? Seems quite a bit different than the old way when they'd rip a DVD and "sell" you a digital copy to stream.

Yep, totally different. But they are still filtering content without a license to that content.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Yep, totally different. But they are still filtering content without a license to that content.
                        If you read the comments on their facebook page, people are pissed that they can't just "rent" a brand new movie for $1. Shocked I tell you.

Comment

• VidAngel is back with a new business plan. $8 per month subscription (cancel anytime) gets you filtering of your existing streaming services (including Netflix, Amazon, HBO; says that Vudu is coming soon). Looks like it also consolidates each of those services into one location.

https://www.vidangel.com/
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            VidAngel is back with a new business plan. $8 per month subscription (cancel anytime) gets you filtering of your existing streaming services (including Netflix, Amazon, HBO; says that Vudu is coming soon). Looks like it also consolidates each of those services into one location.

https://www.vidangel.com/
                            Ummm...

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Ummm...
                              Yes?
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Yes?
                                Well, this happened over a month ago and was brought up in this very thread on this very page. And stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X