The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Yeah BYU is not bowling this year, but we may as well have a thread for bowl season chat.

My other team (Texas) is 6-6, but most of those losses were close games, at least two of which were in OT. Rumored bowl opponents: Utah or Texas A&M. Both would be fun matchups.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah BYU is not bowling this year, but we may as well have a thread for bowl season chat.

My other team (Texas) is 6-6, but most of those losses were close games, at least two of which were in OT. Rumored bowl opponents: Utah or Texas A&M. Both would be fun matchups.
    Agreed... either one of those teams would be great for Texas to stomp into the ground.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Agreed... either one of those teams would be great for Texas to stomp into the ground.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I would have to think that the bowl director would chop off both testicles to be able to get Texas and Texas A&M.

Similar to what the Las Vegas bowl did to align Utah and BYU two years ago.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

unsubscribe
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            I would have to think that the bowl director would chop off both testicles to be able to get Texas and Texas A&M.

Absolutely. This is for the Texas Bowl, btw. In Houston.

Comment

Absolutely. This is for the Texas Bowl, btw. In Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Take note, other Utes. This is why JIC is the best of your lot. As much as he loves Utah, he is rational enough to know that no one outside of Deseret (or in-state with a high enough ACT score) wants to watch Red Devils.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  Take note, other Utes. This is why JIC is the best of your lot. As much as he loves Utah, he is rational enough to know that no one outside of Deseret (or in-state with a high enough ACT score) wants to watch Red Devils.
                  But are they going to fire Whittingham?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    Agreed. No one gives a rats ass about Springville
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Agreed. No one gives a rats ass about Springville
                      Or Nebraska!

Comment

Or Nebraska!

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I'd definitely go to a UT verses Utah Texas bowl, decked in burnt orange, because going to your rival's games decked out in your teams colors is gauche.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

So there is a new Div I FBS bowl in the DFW area...

Up at the Toyota Stadium which isn't a bad little venue.

https://www.dxlfriscobowl.com

It seems this is where BYU would have gone if we had Sark for the OC this year.

friscobowl.jpg
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              So there is a new Div I FBS bowl in the DFW area...

Up at the Toyota Stadium which isn't a bad little venue.

https://www.dxlfriscobowl.com

It seems this is where BYU would have gone if we had Sark for the OC this year.

[ATTACH]8371[/ATTACH]
                              It's all for the best. No way we could beat all those teams at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X