Official Cubs Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Cubs Thread

For no other reason than this thread should have been started long before the Official Reds Thread was ever dreamed up.

This comes at a bad time, given last night's performance against the Reds. I should have started it on Monday night. Liliy was great last night, however. Let's just hope he's the 2007 Lily, and not so much of the 2008 version.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I was hoping my Gregg as closer thread would be the start to a good Cubs thread. Guess not.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      I was hoping my Gregg as closer thread would be the start to a good Cubs thread. Guess not.
      Let's revisit that. Are we still to believe that Lou chose Gregg over Marmol or is there something else to it? I can't believe that you'd leave such a great pitcher in the set up role, just to have Gregg blow it in the 9th. Well, whatever.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        For no other reason than this thread should have been started long before the Official Reds Thread was ever dreamed up.

This comes at a bad time, given last night's performance against the Reds. I should have started it on Monday night. Liliy was great last night, however. Let's just hope he's the 2007 Lily, and not so much of the 2008 version.
        You are just looking for a way to get some one-on-one time with MarkGrace. I see right through you. In 2 months when the Cubs are out of the pennant race and MG has lost his will to post about them, I imagine you'll start an official Radiohead thread.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Let's just ahead and curse this thread right now.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Let's revisit that. Are we still to believe that Lou chose Gregg over Marmol or is there something else to it? I can't believe that you'd leave such a great pitcher in the set up role, just to have Gregg blow it in the 9th. Well, whatever.
            Not sure what's going on, but Gregg can't last much longer. He's just not throwing well.

I imagine you'll start an official Radiohead thread
            Speaking of Radiohead and the Cubs, My Boys gave them a shout out the other day. My Boys is a show on TBS about a female sportswriter that covers the Chicago Cubs. On an episode the other night, she and her friends were going to participate in the Decathlon, which among them was a competition they had set up where they play ten different board games. After the teams are divided, one of the guys starts trash talking about how much better their team is than the other, and how they are going to hammer them in the competition. The dialogue was this:

ANDY: The Decathlon is on! It's the Dream Team vs. Angola, Cheese Nips vs. Cheez-Its, Godfather vs. Godfather III, Radiohead vs. Coldplay...

BOBBY: "What's wrong with Coldplay?"

BRENDAN: "Dude, if you even have to ask..."

Anyway, made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Not sure what's going on, but Gregg can't last much longer. He's just not throwing well.

Speaking of Radiohead and the Cubs, My Boys gave them a shout out the other day. My Boys is a show on TBS about a female sportswriter that covers the Chicago Cubs. On an episode the other night, she and her friends were going to participate in the Decathlon, which among them was a competition they had set up where they play ten different board games. After the teams are divided, one of the guys starts trash talking about how much better their team is than the other, and how they are going to hammer them in the competition. The dialogue was this:

ANDY: The Decathlon is on! It's the Dream Team vs. Angola, Cheese Nips vs. Cheez-Its, Godfather vs. Godfather III, Radiohead vs. Coldplay...

BOBBY: "What's wrong with Coldplay?"

BRENDAN: "Dude, if you even have to ask..."

Anyway, made me laugh.
              Actually, I really like My Boys. Andy is the best character by far, I love Jim Gaffigan. I saw part of that episode, but I missed the Radiohead comment. My wife, who would not rewind it for me, at least cared enough to do her own version of the Joke so I could enjoy the smugness that comes with being a Radiohead fan.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

My wife, who would not rewind it for me, at least cared enough to do her own version of the Joke so I could enjoy the smugness that comes with being a Radiohead fan.
                Every member of my family called me to make sure I heard it.

Comment

Since Harden has been a Cubs, he's given up very few hits; but an insane % of them seem to be HRs.

Comment

Big Z was a triple shy of becoming the first pitcher to ever hit for the cycle. Dude can rake for a pitcher.

Comment

Nice outing, Heilman. Holy shat.

Comment

Great start from Lilly. The Riot finding his power stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Let's just ahead and curse this thread right now.

[IMG]
                          The thing that really pisses me off about the whole bartman thing is the fact that Moses Alou was such a baby after the play. Seriously his crying like a baby was pathetic.

The cubs didnt lose that game due to bartman. They lost that came because alex gonzalez botched an easy double play and Dusty Baker is such a shitty manager.

Lets see Dusty Baker you have a 23 year old pitcher in the biggest game in his life. You are in the 8th inning winning. Your shortstop botches an easy double play. Your left fielder acts like a a whiny little girl because a fan caught a ball that was in the stands. What do you do? you sit there and chew on your stupid toothpick. Here is an idea. Why don't you go out to the mound and settle down your pitcher?

Burn in hell Dusty Baker
                          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                            Burn in hell Dusty Baker
                            That is a really rotten thing to say about the manager of my favorite major league baseball organization!

Comment

Dusty Baker is a loyal Dodger. His World Series days were played in LA.

He now is on a secret mission on behalf of the Dodgers to destroy every other NL franchise. Why do you think he went straight up to SF? He did a wonderful job with the Giants, teasing the fanbase with a World Series trip (LOL!), then tormented the Cubs with a sniff of the World Series. Now he will continue to work his magic with the Reds, except this time, he will take the old fashioned approach of missing the playoffs entirely.

Think Blue!
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X