Cookie Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekster View Post
    what are cinnzmon chips? they so9und good.
    I guess they are like white chocolate but cinnamon flavored and I don't know if Nestle makes them anymore or if they just make them during certain times of year or something. But I bought some years ago and they taste de-lish in oatmeal cookies.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
      I guess they are like white chocolate but cinnamon flavored and I don't know if Nestle makes them anymore or if they just make them during certain times of year or something. But I bought some years ago and they taste de-lish in oatmeal cookies.
      I iwll look for them. I love most things cinammon.

In case we're ever both single, btw, I have yet to come across a baked good with walnuts that I didn't like.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I love oatmeal cookies. Mrs. Fields has an outstanding oatmeal raisin cookie. I have been searching for years but I haven't found a recipe that I would consider "great". Big and chunky, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, raisins, maybe a few nuts, and a hint of cinnamon. If you have a good one, please post.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I love oatmeal cookies. Mrs. Fields has an outstanding oatmeal raisin cookie. I have been searching for years but I haven't found a recipe that I would consider "great". Big and chunky, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, raisins, maybe a few nuts, and a hint of cinnamon. If you have a good one, please post.
          I have Mrs Fields' actual recipe, if you want it. It is very good (although you need to reduce it; the recipe makes about 500 cookies) but it is a ltitle scary to see how much butter goes into those babies.
          Last edited by creekster; 01-16-2009, 11:19 AM.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I have Mrs Fields actual recipe, if you want it. It is very good (although you need to reduce it; the recipe makes about 500 cookies) but it is a ltitle scary to see how much butter go into those babies.
            Please. Pretty please. Make me a happy man.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Please. Pretty please. Make me a happy man.
              OK. I don't exactly carry it in my walle5t. I iwll get it this weekend (tonight I ma going to watch a semi=pro basketball team. Yup, the warriors).
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

OK. I don't exactly carry it in my walle5t. I iwll get it this weekend (tonight I ma going to watch a semi=pro basketball team. Yup, the warriors).
                I want the recipe too. Oatmeal are my favorite!!!
                I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                  Pride of Iowa cookies

1 cup brown sugar
                  1 cup butter
                  1 cup coconut
                  ½ teaspoon salt
                  3 cups quick oats
                  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                  1 cup sugar
                  2 eggs
                  1 teaspoon baking soda
                  1 teaspoon baking powder
                  2 cups flour
                  1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325 F.
                  Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Stir in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

Other yummy additions I have tried: chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins or cranberries and orange zest
                  These were excellent! We (at my house) all agreed that this is yet another instance were coconut makes something good even better. Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    No, I was just trying to be humorous. If this was failblog I would go back and stamp a giant fail on it. Sorry.
                    Actually it was kind of impressive. You combined a cookie recipe and a well-known urban legend all in one post.

Comment

(bump)

Comment

(bump)
                        dont get pushy. ;-) I'll dig it out tomorrow.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I thought I would add a great one to Jeff Lebowski's thread. They are called "Ooey Gooey Double Chocolate" cookies.

The recipe is actually from a bakery/ice cream shop here in LA called Milk. Milk is a pretty hot foodie spot in WeHo that does several things well, esp if you are cursed with a sweet tooth.

Anyway, one of their signature cookies is the "Ooey Gooey." These things are perfect...baked just enough to stay together when you pick them up but they are half melted when you are biting into them.

Recently, and for whatever reason, Bret Thompson, the owner of Milk, released the recipe. We tried the recipe and YOWZA....these babies are pretty tasty. Have a chilled glass of milk on hand and enjoy an apres-FHE treat worthy of serving to any guest. Beware....for those on diets, please sprint away from this recipe and never look back.

Total time: 40 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time for the batter
                          Servings: 1 1/2 dozen

1/4 pound (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
                          4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) butter
                          3 eggs
                          2 teaspoons vanilla extract
                          1 cup sugar
                          1/2 cup flour
                          2 tablespoons cocoa powder
                          1/2 teaspoon baking powder
                          1/2 teaspoon salt
                          1 pound bittersweet chocolate (chunks or chips)

1. In a bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.

2. In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a fork, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Mix just until incorporated and set aside.

3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.

4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and mix just until combined, then stir in the bittersweet chocolate.

5. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill thoroughly. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

6. Divide the dough into 18 portions. Grease your hands (to prevent the dough from sticking) and shape the portions into balls. Place the balls on a greased, parchment-lined sheet pan, leaving 2 to 3 inches between each.

7. Bake until the edges of the cookies are just set and the center is still soft, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Place the cookies, still on the parchment, on a rack and cool completely before serving. They will be very soft.

Each cookie: 251 calories; 4 grams protein; 29 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 18 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 42 mg. cholesterol; 92 mg. sodium.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

DDD I hate you as much as I love you right now. These are amazing, Captain and I had a great treat making them, he had to go to bed while the batter cooled so he doesn't get to taste them until tomorrow morning, but the same is not true for me.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I thought I would add a great one to Jeff Lebowski's thread. They are called "Ooey Gooey Double Chocolate" cookies.

The recipe is actually from a bakery/ice cream shop here in LA called Milk. Milk is a pretty hot foodie spot in WeHo that does several things well, esp if you are cursed with a sweet tooth.

Anyway, one of their signature cookies is the "Ooey Gooey." These things are perfect...baked just enough to stay together when you pick them up but they are half melted when you are biting into them.

Recently, and for whatever reason, Bret Thompson, the owner of Milk, released the recipe. We tried the recipe and YOWZA....these babies are pretty tasty. Have a chilled glass of milk on hand and enjoy an apres-FHE treat worthy of serving to any guest. Beware....for those on diets, please sprint away from this recipe and never look back.

Total time: 40 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time for the batter
                            Servings: 1 1/2 dozen

1/4 pound (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
                            4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) butter
                            3 eggs
                            2 teaspoons vanilla extract
                            1 cup sugar
                            1/2 cup flour
                            2 tablespoons cocoa powder
                            1/2 teaspoon baking powder
                            1/2 teaspoon salt
                            1 pound bittersweet chocolate (chunks or chips)

1. In a bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.

2. In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a fork, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Mix just until incorporated and set aside.

3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.

4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and mix just until combined, then stir in the bittersweet chocolate.

5. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill thoroughly. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

6. Divide the dough into 18 portions. Grease your hands (to prevent the dough from sticking) and shape the portions into balls. Place the balls on a greased, parchment-lined sheet pan, leaving 2 to 3 inches between each.
                            We made more batter than the recipe.

7. Bake until the edges of the cookies are just set and the center is still soft, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Place the cookies, still on the parchment, on a rack and cool completely before serving. They will be very soft.

Each cookie: 251 calories; 4 grams protein; 29 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 18 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 42 mg. cholesterol; 92 mg. sodium.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

oh, man....I had put those things out of my mind months ago. Your cookie pics basically look like the ones at Milk, so you obviously did it right. I am glad you liked them.

I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but these cookies are something else.

If you want to go insane, take two of them and bind them together with homemade cream cheese frosting. I have tried making an ice cream sandwich, but the cookies are not firm enough. it becomes a huge runny mess. The cream cheese frosting is basically like glue and doesn't melt as fast. Normally, the cookie is only good for one bite, max. After that, you have already eaten the whole thing.

That would basically be the same caloric intake as 2 slices of pizza. yum!

ps good for using the correct paper. if you try to skimp and put the cookies directly on a non-stick pan, they don't come out the same.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                Dude, this is one of the best pictures ever posted on CUF. It has everything: the beard, the cookie, the Kanye shirt... what else could you ever ask for in a pic?
                                Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Working...
                                X