President Monson passed away (FAKE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All-American View Post
    Can we change the thread title? It makes me jump every time I see it.
    Done.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Someday Dwight is going to be right about this thread title, and everyone is going to have to apologize for mocking him.
      Take it to the bank!
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

This dog hunts!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Someday Dwight is going to be right about this thread title, and everyone is going to have to apologize for mocking him.
          Would be funny if TSM outlives DS so he never lives to see that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

That would probably merit another separate thread... or at least some sort of Defcon for this thread...
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

That doesn't sound funny at all
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                That doesn't sound funny at all
                One of my teachers in the MTC was pretty sure that the second coming would happen during Monson's presidency. So maybe Pres. Monson will get translated instead of dying. That would also make Dwight wrong, but could be funnier than Dwight having to die for the sake of the joke.

Then again, they are both Utes.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  One of my teachers in the MTC was pretty sure that the second coming would happen during Monson's presidency. So maybe Pres. Monson will get translated instead of dying.
                  I love second coming predictions; most of which (in my experience) are based on a personal patriarchal blessing. Nutters.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Probably the wrong thread, but I was looking at the Q12's ages over conference weekend. Bednar could be president of the church for 20 years.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

super mean post
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Probably the wrong thread, but I was looking at the Q12's ages over conference weekend. Bednar could be president of the church for 20 years.
                        Speaking of nutters. Just what this state and religion need. And you think Governor Herbert is hated?
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          I love second coming predictions; most of which (in my experience) are based on a personal patriarchal blessing. Nutters.
                          I haven't been plugged into the church for a long time. Is the Second Coming still a thing with us or has it faded into the realm of 144,000 lore?
                          Last edited by Non Sequitur; 04-07-2017, 03:37 AM.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                            That is a terrifying thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I was happy to see that Pres. Monson was released from the hospital. Did anyone else find it strange that the press release made it clear that he was resuming his normal activities? Would anyone think less of him if he dialed it down several notches for a few weeks?

It struck me as odd.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                That is a terrifying thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                                The world will have changed so much by then that I think it is nearly impossible to project how he would be in that position. Plus, I think the weight of the position tends to change people. I've had a similar thought about Oaks...he's 80 and very likely to be in the big chair at some point...but I don't see the sense in horibilizing what might be (which, I'm not saying you are doing - but some do).
                                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X