Television 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    B.S. Champing, in the "grinding" sense, is also transitive. You have to have something to grind, or champ, as well. "He champs, or grinds, his teeth."
    lol. I think you mean "P.S."
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The Americans. Wow, that was hard to watch last night. If it were a lesser show, the suitcase scene might push me to stop watching.

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
        The Americans. Wow, that was hard to watch last night. If it were a lesser show, the suitcase scene might push me to stop watching.
        This is pretty close to needing a spoiler tag, UVAC!
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
          i asked previously about that show. Would you recommend it? Sounds like you enjoy it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            i asked previously about that show. Would you recommend it? Sounds like you enjoy it.
            Apparently one episode shows Keri Russell getting her a*****e tattooed, so it's got that going for it. I would recommend it, even though I haven't watched it.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Yes, I would recommend it. Probably my favorite show on T.V. right now. You really need to watch from the beginning though to understand what is going on. The first season was just good, but season 2 and the first two episodes of season 3 have been great.

It's not a show for everyone though. It is a bit slow-burning and about 15-20% of it is in Russian with subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Apparently one episode shows Keri Russell getting her a*****e tattooed, so it's got that going for it. I would recommend it, even though I haven't watched it.
                There is plenty of Keri Russell ass. It's a great show, not just for that reason.

I love the Russian language in it -- really accurate and clear Russian is spoken quite a bit by native Russian speakers. The 80s music, cars, politics, other 80s references are fun too.

I keep thinking how much of the spy stuff they do just wouldn't work in the Internet and cell phone era -- those were the days when nobody could look up your picture or track you down on your phone -- much easier for men to maintain multiple identities, multiple wives/girlfriends who didn't know the other women existed. I guess I missed out.

Comment

Is anyone else going to check this out? Premiere is tonight

http://poptv.com/schitts_creek

A comedy starring eugene levy, called "Schitt's Creek." you gotta at least check it out, right?

sigpic

Comment

A comedy starring eugene levy, called "Schitt's Creek." you gotta at least check it out, right?

I don't think I get that channel, but it looks interesting. My go-to critic, seemed to think it was worth checking out.http://www.npr.org/2015/02/10/385239...of-green-acres
                    How can you go wrong with Chris Elliot as your mayor? Maybe he finally got a life.

Comment

Piney, go to the bottom of the page and enter your zip code. See if you actually do get that channel.

sigpic

Comment

I will check it out. Levy is worth the look.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

273 on DTV. I love Levy and hadn't even heard of this. I'll surely check it out.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I think PopTV used to be the TV Guide channel.

Metacritic puts Shits Creek at 62 which isn't bad for a new show. Really good new shows will get over 70 and the following seasons will score in the high 80s and into the 90a.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I watched the first 3 episodes on the bus this morning up to Mammoth mountain. I really liked the third episode, some stuff that made me laugh.
                              I will at least watch the remaining three episodes that have already aired in Canada.

Comment

You guys suckered me into "checking it out." My disappointment was as large as how much I like BCS.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X