No announcement yet.

What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. ^^ That’s a real thing. I did not expect it to be good, but I try just about every new cereal, so I wasn’t about to pass on this one. Besides, I love Sour Patch kids. One of my favorite non-chocolate candies.

It will not surprise you to learn that I was not wrong. This cereal is not good. But it’s not gross. It’s actually very intriguing. It’s like fruit loops coated in sour sugar. Not great in milk, but actually not bad by the handful.

I had my entire family try some. Everyone enjoyed the novelty of it. Two of my kids even liked it. The rest of us didn’t love it, but kept eating it just to try to understand what we were experiencing.

That said, there is no way anyone is choosing to eat this over the better cereals we have in the house. We have about half a box left, so this weekend I’m going to make some sour patch Krispy treats. I let you know how they taste.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• has anybody mentioned Post Oh's in this thread? very underrated.

I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        has anybody mentioned Post Oh's in this thread? very underrated.

Yes. Honey Oh’s (aka Oh’s or Honey Graham Oh’s) have been discussed much. Great cereal. See a discussion above starting at post 223:

Originally posted by Gidget View Post
        Surfah chastised me today for buying just 3 boxes of my all-time favorite cereal. HoneyGraham Oh's.

I am sad.

But they are really small boxes, I said.

I love cold cereal in general, but now I am 8 months pregnant and it is pretty much the only thing I ever feel like eating. He's so mean.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Yes. Honey Oh’s (aka Oh’s or Honey Graham Oh’s) have been discussed much. Great cereal. See a discussion above starting at post 223:
          Wow, Surfah is a dick.

My five year old has been eating these:

I have yet to try them, but I will tomorrow. I don't have very high hopes for them.

Comment

I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Tried these guys today:

Not impressed. Didn't even bother to try it with milk.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Tried these guys today:

Not impressed. Didn't even bother to try it with milk.
                I've tried them and while I think you are overstating it, I generally agree; they are basically repurposed Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Same flavor, different shape. But, to your point, finding the right shape and texture is key for a great cereal. This is a prime example of how changing the surface area can change the way a flavor is experienced. These are definitely not as good as just plain ol' CTC, but I'd bet money that they use pretty much the same recipe.

Comment

• Yeah, wasn’t too impressed with the Churros. At least make them taste somewhat different than CTC.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

I've tried them and while I think you are overstating it, I generally agree; they are basically repurposed Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Same flavor, different shape. But, to your point, finding the right shape and texture is key for a great cereal. This is a prime example of how changing the surface area can change the way a flavor is experienced. These are definitely not as good as just plain ol' CTC, but I'd bet money that they use pretty much the same recipe.
                    Probably true. I generally like CTC, and it didn't really taste that much different, but probably just had less sugar coating due to the reduced surface area.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• +1 on the honey buns. They are the new fave in our family. We go through a couple boxes each week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                        +1 on the honey buns. They are the new fave in our family. We go through a couple boxes each week.
                        Hey stranger.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I had some Wheat Chex this morning.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            I had some Wheat Chex this morning.
                            Pretty much the only thing of value that I have gotten out of Lebowski's message board here is Oxcoug's tip of eating Wheat Chex with chocolate milk. Changed my life.

RIP Oxcoug.
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              Pretty much the only thing of value that I have gotten out of Lebowski's message board here is Oxcoug's tip of eating Wheat Chex with chocolate milk. Changed my life.

RIP Oxcoug.
                              I don't remember seeing that tip. I wouldn't have thought that would be a tasty combination. I like Wheat Chex and chocolate milk separately. I'll have to try them together.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

RIP Oxcoug.
                                which brand choc milk do you drink it with?
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X