What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    S'mores is awesome, btw. One of my current go-tos when I want a sweet snack. It reminds me of how awesome Golden Grahams used to be before they changed the recipe and made it all cardboardy.
    How long ago was the Golden Grahams recipe change?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      How long ago was the Golden Grahams recipe change?
      A decade or more.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

A decade or more.
        I did not know that but I loved Golden Grahams when I was a kid. Re: S'mores are you guys talking Kellogg's or Malt-O-Meal? B/c I like the K brand but strongly prefer MoM S'mores. The fact that it comes in a huge bag is a plus (especially compared to the pathetically small K S'mores box).

Edit: I just looked it up and the Kellogg's version is Smorz so I assume we are all talking about Malt-O-Meal.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• What cereal do you eat?

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          I did not know that but I loved Golden Grahams when I was a kid. Re: S'mores are you guys talking Kellogg's or Malt-O-Meal? B/c I like the K brand but strongly prefer MoM S'mores. The fact that it comes in a huge bag is a plus (especially compared to the pathetically small K S'mores box).

I am definitely talking MoM or Post brand (i.e. grahams with marshmallow and chocolate puff pieces). The Kellogs Smorez are ok, but definitely a step down.

BTW, when MoM Smore's first hit the market, they were in a bag. But about a year ago, my local grocers stopped carrying them (even though they still carry all the other MoM bagged cereals). About that same time, I started seeing the Post S'mores in a box. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but from memory, they taste pretty much identical. I've long wondered if they aren't actually MoM Smores being sold as Post cereal. It does seem like Post has made a big push to introduce new cereals in the last 2 years.

As for the comparison between Golden Grahams and the graham cereal in S'mores, I think one big difference is that the S'mores grahams are sugar dusted. IIRC, Golden Grahams used to be that way as well. They aren't anymore, and I think that is a huge part of why they aren't as good as they once were.
          Last edited by Donuthole; 12-28-2018, 12:57 PM.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            I haven't had cereal in years. I don't even recognize most of what is in that picture. I loved Golden Grahams back in the day.
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            S'mores is awesome, btw. One of my current go-tos when I want a sweet snack. It reminds me of how awesome Golden Grahams used to be before they changed the recipe and made it all cardboardy.
            Sad news, indeed.

Comment

I am definitely talking MoM or Post brand (i.e. grahams with marshmallow and chocolate puff pieces). The Kellogs Smorez are ok, but definitely a step down.

BTW, when MoM Smore's first hit the market, they were in a bag. But about a year ago, my local grocers stopped carrying them (even though they still carry all the other MoM bagged cereals). About that same time, I started seeing the Post S'mores in a box. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but from memory, they taste pretty much identical. I've long wondered if they aren't actually MoM Smores being sold as Post cereal. It does seem like Post has made a big push to introduce new cereals in the last 2 years.

As for the comparison between Golden Grahams and the graham cereal in S'mores, I think one big difference is that the S'mores grahams are sugar dusted. IIRC, Golden Grahams used to be that way as well. They aren't anymore, and I think that is a huge part of why they aren't as good as they once were.
              We're just blessed in the 208 to still have the big bag MoM S'mores, I guess.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

BTW, when MoM S’mores first hit the market, they were in a bag. But about a year ago, my local grocers stopped carrying them (even though they still carry all the other MoM bagged cereals). About that same time, I started seeing the Post S'mores in a box. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but from memory, they taste pretty much identical. I've long wondered if they aren't actually MoM S’mores being sold as Post cereal. It does seem like Post has made a big push to introduce new cereals in the last 2 years.
                Mystery solved:

Comment

• My favorite cereals that I eat regularly are all non-sugary.

Wheaties, Corn Chex, Cheerios, and Grape Nuts.

However, put a box of Cocoa Pebbles in front of me, and it will be gone in less than 24 hours.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    My favorite cereals that I eat regularly are all non-sugary.

Wheaties, Corn Chex, Cheerios, and Grape Nuts.

However, put a box of Cocoa Pebbles in front of me, and it will be gone in less than 24 hours.
                    cocoa crispies >>>>> cocoa pebbles

i eat all those cereals you mentioned above - currently have rice chex and grape nuts, but i put sugar on them.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• I've been refraining from cereal since around the time that the dude told us about the Obesity Code.

Prior to my cereal sabbatical, these were among my go-tos:

Life (original or cinnamon)
                      Wheat Chex
                      MoM Frosted Mini Spooners
                      MoM Golden Puffs
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        Cocoa Puffs are better than either of those.

We try not to keep those or Reeses Puffs around or I'll eat them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                          This is incorrect.

Comment

This is incorrect.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post

We try not to keep those or Reeses Puffs around or I'll eat them all.
                              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

i eat all those cereals you mentioned above - currently have rice chex and grape nuts, but i put sugar on them.
                              Here's my take:

Cocoa Crispies are great. The key advantage they have over Cocoa Pebble is that Pebbles get mushy pretty quickly (I have never had an issue with getting them down the hatch in short order, however). But a fresh bowl of pebbles with cold milk is tops for me personally.

Cocoa Puffs have inferior chocolate flavor, and they tear up the roof of my mouth. Pass.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• we currently have a box of Chocolate Frosted Flakes at our house. They are not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X