The Elizabeth Warren v. Scott Brown thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Mexican Oatmeal Soup. LOL

Comment

• Obama wasn't the first black president!... There were at least six presidents that were at least 1/1024th black:

America's FIRST First Black President

Andrew Jackson
        Thomas Jefferson
        Warren Harding
        Dwight Eisenhower
        Calvin Coolidge
        Abraham Lincoln

What do they have in common?

Well, if you said they were all U.S. Presidents, you are RIGHT ... but not exactly thinking out of the box.

They are all subjects to claims that they are black, or at least have black ancestors. Throughout much of American history, the "one drop rule" said that if ANY of your ancestors were black, no matter how distant, so were you.

Afrocentric historians have written their piece on why they think there have been several black Presidents. Two books leapt immediately to our mind: J.A. Rogers' The Five Negro Presidents; and Auset Bhakufu's "Six Black Presidents: Black Blood: White Masks.
        [...]
        https://www.npr.org/sections/newsand..._jefferso.html
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• How Warren used to tell the story, her parents had trouble getting married and basically had to elope because her father's family was opposed to her mother's Cherokee ancestry. Sorry that story doesn't square with (maybe) on Cherokee ancestor mixed in 6 to 10 generations ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

So funny.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                How Warren used to tell the story, her parents had trouble getting married and basically had to elope because her father's family was opposed to her mother's Cherokee ancestry. Sorry that story doesn't square with (maybe) on Cherokee ancestor mixed in 6 to 10 generations ago.
                Is there anyone less self-aware? I have no doubt that someone told her that story, and she probably believed it growing up. But having seen the overwhelmingly negative reaction over the years and then getting the less than conclusive DNA results, it amazes me that she has persisted. This is Hillary Clinton levels of bad judgement.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Drumpf says he doesn't owe her an apology but Warren owes the country an apology... Yeah, we want an apology Liz!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    How Warren used to tell the story, her parents had trouble getting married and basically had to elope because her father's family was opposed to her mother's Cherokee ancestry. Sorry that story doesn't square with (maybe) on Cherokee ancestor mixed in 6 to 10 generations ago.
                    It doesn't at all.

Comment

• The Dems would have to be stupid to nominate Warren at this point. I’m hoping Biden runs even though he’s older than dirt. I’d even be fine voting for Spartacus as I think he’d do a decent job, probably better than Obama. Gillibrand would have been my ideal Dem candidate before she flip flopped on economic issues, but I’d still put her at my #2 dem favorite behind Biden.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        The Dems would have to be stupid to nominate Warren at this point. I’m hoping Biden runs even though he’s older than dirt. I’d even be fine voting for Spartacus as I think he’d do a decent job, probably better than Obama. Gillibrand would have been my ideal Dem candidate before she flip flopped on economic issues, but I’d still put her at my #2 dem favorite behind Biden.
                        Please make it Biden. I can't stand Spartacus.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

The Dems would have to be stupid to nominate Warren at this point. I’m hoping Biden runs even though he’s older than dirt. I’d even be fine voting for Spartacus as I think he’d do a decent job, probably better than Obama. Gillibrand would have been my ideal Dem candidate before she flip flopped on economic issues, but I’d still put her at my #2 dem favorite behind Biden.
                          What about Beto? That dude can raise money and seems like a team player! He is like an Hispanic version of Obama.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            What about Beto? That dude can raise money and seems like a team player! He is like an Hispanic version of Obama.
                            I’d definitely vote for Beto over any of those guys, even Biden. I’m voting for Beto over Rafael “lame commercial guy” Cruz.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I’d definitely vote for Beto over any of those guys, even Biden. I’m voting for Beto over Rafael “lame commercial guy” Cruz.
                              BetoFYeah.jpg
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My time in NYC makes it impossible for me to vote for Booker or Gillibrand. When NY/NJ senators are speaking to their own voters, they are at their most insane. Warren and Sanders are nonstarters. I could probably vote for Biden. At this point if it is anyone else vs trump I'll go third party for the second time in my life (and in back to back elections!).

Maybe Bloomberg will get in the race.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X