No announcement yet.

Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my ever growing list of things that annoy the hell out of me about soccer: own goals. Just give it to the guy on offense most responsible for the goal. If there's absolutely no one, just call it a team goal or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      On my ever growing list of things that annoy the hell out of me about soccer: own goals. Just give it to the guy on offense most responsible for the goal. If there's absolutely no one, just call it a team goal or something.
      You should also add this to your ever growing list of head scratching pet peeves.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Colombia v England may devolve into the soccer equivalent of Malice at the Palace, or whatever you want to call that Australasia - Philippines brawl from the other night. This is well past the point of being chippy.

Comment

• Wow, Colombia evens it up in extra time.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Can’t wait to see all the videos from England of all the broken TVs and furniture.

Comment

• So sick of the fake injuries.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If I had access to higher quality soccer than MLS, I think I may watch it more regularly. The World Cup has been fantastic.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  If I had access to higher quality soccer than MLS, I think I may watch it more regularly. The World Cup has been fantastic.
                  No doubt. There is not a worse time to see the MLS than after watching the world cup. The downgrade is pretty shocking. I do enjoy the sport at different levels and watch nearly every BYU women's game and enjoy it for what it is. But the MLS is hard to stomach with the world cup fresh in the mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    If I had access to higher quality soccer than MLS, I think I may watch it more regularly. The World Cup has been fantastic.
                    Try Premier league. Games on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Very entertaining. Quality is World Cup level or above.

Comment

Try Premier league. Games on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Very entertaining. Quality is World Cup level or above.
                      Yep the Premiere League is great — I’m really into it the last few years.

Kante for France and Chelsea is such a great player. That little dude is fun to watch — constantly wins back the ball and gets it up the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        Yep the Premiere League is great — I’m really into it the last few years.

Kante for France and Chelsea is such a great player. That little dude is fun to watch — constantly wins back the ball and gets it up the field.
                        Kante blew up on that championship Leicester City team. He's the kind of guy you don't notice as much because he's doing all the grunt work, but he's all over the place. Really valuable player.

Most World Cup teams have at least a couple Premier League players. Belgium's last lineup 9 of 11 were Premier League and England, the entire team. So I've been going for them.

Comment

• Predictions? I'm pretty excited about the game today. Both these semifinal games are pretty evenly matched with the Belgium-France winner the favorite in the championship. I'll go Belgium and England final with Belgium as champ.

Comment

Predictions? I'm pretty excited about the game today. Both these semifinal games are pretty evenly matched with the Belgium-France winner the favorite in the championship. I'll go Belgium and England final with Belgium as champ.
                            I’m picking France [emoji632]
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              I’m picking France [emoji632]
                              Swish!!
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Vive la France!
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X