No announcement yet.

Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base on history, if it isn't Doman my money is on Max Hall. It could end up being an excellent hire or not. Kind of a crap shoot.

That being said, BYU is one of the finest institutions in the land. We are recognized for top notch students who have great integrity. Almost all your major corporations have BYU high on their list of Universitites to go find excellent people to add to their company.

Comment

• I assume Doman had a lot to do with recruiting Tanner Mangum. Any worries he doesn't come if Doman doesn't return?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Bill Riley is saying that Roderick hasn't spoken to either BYU or Wisconsin. Jay Drew also pointed out that he's making $200K/year at Utah. I doubt he'll be coming to BYU.
        It depends on whether or not he has a truly consecrated heart.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Of course. I said it was an incentive to "stay local." That obviously includes Utah. Roderick has made some odd decisions over the years in favor of staying at Utah. No reason to think he won't stay there this time.
          Sorry, the first part about his wife was responding to you. The rest was responding to others who had made it sound like he was moving one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            What are you doing in this thread? Somewhere, someone is saying something bad about the City Creek Center! Make haste!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              What are you doing in this thread?
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Lya Wodraska has the scoop.

Roderick has not been contacted by either BYU or Wisconsin about possibly joining the staffs at those respective schools, the Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I would say that is for the best. I can't imagine he and Anae working well together after all this. Its like getting a divorce and then buying a house in your ex's ward boundaries.
                  Related story--a couple in my ward got divorced last year. The wife moved into the next ward over--close enough so that sharing responsibilities and visitation with kids wouldn't be too much trouble, but far enough to not have too much interaction between the exes. Six months later, our ward and the ex-wife's ward goes through a 2-to-3 ward split, and the exes are in the same ward again. As JL would say, "oops."

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  What are you doing in this thread? Somewhere, someone is saying something bad about the City Creek Center! Make haste!
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    lol.

It's incredible. LAU will tirelessly defend anything and everything remotely critical of the church, occasionally even defending things that truly deserve no defense. But when it comes to BYU, he instantly transforms into cynical quasi-apostate.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Isn't the candidate pool more likely to be former QBs and/or QB coaches?
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        I assume Doman had a lot to do with recruiting Tanner Mangum. Any worries he doesn't come if Doman doesn't return?
                        I think Doman's offense was giving more questions to Magnum than anything else.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          I assume Doman had a lot to do with recruiting Tanner Mangum. Any worries he doesn't come if Doman doesn't return?
                          I think the people that were recruited by Doman and Weber love how personable they both were. I could see their recruits having second thoughts to Anae's reportedly cold and gruff style. Has their been any word of recruits having second thoughts yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            lol.

It's incredible. LAU will tirelessly defend anything and everything remotely critical of the church, occasionally even defending things that truly deserve no defense.
                            First, it's great to know what you think of me, you miserable vomitous mass.

But when it comes to BYU, he instantly transforms into cynical quasi-apostate.
                            Second, you need to pay more attention to wuap and nikuman. When it comes to BYU athletics I'm simply a heretic on this board.
                            Last edited by LA Ute; 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM.
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                              I think the people that were recruited by Doman and Weber love how personable they both were. I could see their recruits having second thoughts to Anae's reportedly cold and gruff style. Has their been any word of recruits having second thoughts yet?
                              http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=1

Not related to Anae, though.
                              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                              - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                lol.

It's incredible. LAU will tirelessly defend anything and everything remotely critical of the church, occasionally even defending things that truly deserve no defense. But when it comes to BYU, he instantly transforms into cynical quasi-apostate.
                                Poor guy. He's probably just shaking off the dust from five years of going into hysterics every time someone would mention Mitt Romney and Mormon in the same sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X