On abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    My problem with abortion opponents is that they're telling a woman what she can do with her own body. Now you're saying I should be okay with a man telling her what to do with her own body.
    Hmm
    I have no idea what you are talking about. When did I say that a man should be able to tell the woman carrying his baby what she can do with her own body?

Comment

• "Baby".
      I give up.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

"Baby".
        I give up.
        Feel free to answer the question.....when did I say the father of [insert what ever term for the mass you choose] should be able to tell the mother what she can or can't do with her body?

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
          Feel free to answer the question.....when did I say the father of [insert what ever term for the mass you choose] should be able to tell the mother what she can or can't do with her body?
          When you said that a man should be able to force a woman to have her cervix dilated and the contents expelled.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

When you said that a man should be able to force a woman to have her cervix dilated and the contents expelled.
            no one said that

If a mother can abort a fetus then a man should have a similar right in that he can disavow his parental rights/responsibilities in regards to the fetus/baby.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I'm not criticizing cardiacs response. It's what the law is based on right now. I just think that in ten years, we'll have to rethink it.

It does offer a solution for that scenario (sort of...Who pays? ) but if we're claiming that any entity that is "viable" has a significant right to life, then what do we do with unused embryos from ivf, for example? Do we allow embryonic stem cell research....ever? Do we allow the use of birth control methods that don't prevent fertilization? Seems like a pretty wanton destruction of human life...
              My understanding is that embryonic stem cell research is currently legal, and that Bush just put a moratorium on federal funding (which I would assume Obama has lifted). Or is that just stem cell research in general?
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

"Baby".
                I give up.
                As well you should. People have been calling the entity occupying its mother's uterus a "baby" or a "child" for hundreds of years now.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Feel free to quote where I have suggested that I believe a man should be able to force a woman to have her cervix dilated and the contents expelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Maybe we can even plug them in somewhere and use them to generate power.
                    Looks like somebody has already cashed in on this idea.

And only a few weeks ago we learned from The B.C. Catholic newspaper of the Archdiocese of Vancouver that children aborted in British Columbia were being incinerated as fuel in Oregon.
                    http://thefederalist.com/2014/05/16/...rtion-problem/

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      I am not advocating the position. However, I, and I am not sure, but I think Moliere would agree, that if you get to a point where an abortion is justifiable there is no justification for allowing a husband to disavow his parental obligations if he chooses to do so.
                      ok so then you don't "agree with moliere completely." Which is why I was confused that you would say that you did.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        ok so then you don't "agree with moliere completely." Which is why I was confused that you would say that you did.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I don't agree with you, either!
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            As well you should. People have been calling the entity occupying its mother's uterus a "baby" or a "child" for hundreds of years now.
                            Yes, except for medical professionals and legal minds who want have an intelligent discussion about the legality of abortion. Apologies.

Iman keeps asking for an important distinction between a baby and a fetus. I've told him multiple times that birth is the most important, significant, and hazardous single physiologic step outside of perhaps meiosis in the individual's life. Yet he keeps ignoring it, both in his terminology and in asking me repeatedly to provide same thing, meanwhile giving me a shrug off the shoulders when i ask for some better event to mark the beginning of rights. So... I give up.

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                            Feel free to quote where I have suggested that I believe a man should be able to force a woman to have her cervix dilated and the contents expelled.
                            Ok...sorry, I misread you.
                            This makes no more sense, but for completely different reasons. I'm off to father's and son's. I'll catch up tomorrow.
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Yes, except for medical professionals and legal minds who want have an intelligent discussion about the legality of abortion. Apologies.
                              Now that's a telling response.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                I don't agree with you, either!
                                I know and that's great

Comment

Working...
                                X