"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Njokic is a real bitch. ButtNuggetz play dirty. Gary Harris straight up kicked Rudy in the junk. He got called for an offensive foul, but that should have been flagrant 1, minimum.

Even though those teams are currently in the 7 and 2 spots, I don’t think that’s a very likely 1st round matchup. I see Denver landing in the 4-5 range and Utah around the 7-8.
    I think they are a fairly likely 4-5 matchup. The Jazz schedule the last month of the season is easy-peasy. They will end on a surge and get into that range again.

Jokic is incredible but super whiny. Great fit for the Nuggies.

Comment

• Another fun game. Utah almost gave it away again, but came back and hit a ton of shots in a row. That's nice to see-- Jae Crowder is a beast. Having him, Jingles, and Korver roaming the perimeter, not to mention Donovan finding a stroke these last 20 games or so, and it just opens up the layup line for Rudy, Favors, and Ricky. Ricky was nailing threes last night, too, come to think of it...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Another fun game. Utah almost gave it away again, but came back and hit a ton of shots in a row. That's nice to see-- Jae Crowder is a beast. Having him, Jingles, and Korver roaming the perimeter, not to mention Donovan finding a stroke these last 20 games or so, and it just opens up the layup line for Rudy, Favors, and Ricky. Ricky was nailing threes last night, too, come to think of it...
        This is probably just my own perception, but I'm always nervous when Jae gets the ball. If he's near the 3-point line, there's a 98% chance he's shooting it. He's only a 33% 3-pt shooter, but I bet he feels like he's closer to 40%.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          This is probably just my own perception, but I'm always nervous when Jae gets the ball. If he's near the 3-point line, there's a 98% chance he's shooting it. He's only a 33% 3-pt shooter, but I bet he feels like he's closer to 40%.
          Yeah. I feel like he's been shooting better now that he's been getting more open shots now that you can see teams putting a noticeable aggressive coverage on Korver most plays.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            That's like shooting 50% from inside the line. Not bad.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              That's like shooting 50% from inside the line. Not bad.
              But not good. In 2019, that’s below average for a volume 3pt shooter. Of the top 50 players with the most 3pt attempts this season, he is ranked 40 out of 50 in make %. In fact, only 11 players have attempted more 3s than Crowder this year, and all 11 of them have a higher make %.

EDIT: In the last 8 NBA seasons, only 4 players have finished in the top 20 in 3pt attempts with a lower percentage than Crowder is currently shooting:

Kobe Bryant (x3)
              Al Harrington
              Brandon Jennings
              Trey Burke
              Last edited by Donuthole; 01-29-2019, 09:40 AM. Reason: More stats!
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

But not good. In 2019, that’s below average for a volume 3pt shooter. Of the top 50 players with the most 3pt attempts this season, he is ranked 40 out of 50 in make %. In fact, only 11 players have attempted more 3s than Crowder this year, and all 11 of them have a higher make %.

EDIT: In the last 8 NBA seasons, only 4 players have finished in the top 20 in 3pt attempts with a lower percentage than Crowder is currently shooting:

Kobe Bryant (x3)
                Al Harrington
                Brandon Jennings
                Trey Burke

holy crap. that is quite the list. kobe bryant three times. lol.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Kobe Bryant (x3)
                  Al Harrington
                  Brandon Jennings
                  Trey Burke
                  You're failing to take into account the amount of times Crowder gets fouled shooting a 3 - whether he makes it or misses it. I feel like he has more 4-point play opportunities than any other Jazzman in history. Probably combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    You're failing to take into account the amount of times Crowder gets fouled shooting a 3 - whether he makes it or misses it. I feel like he has more 4-point play opportunities than any other Jazzman in history. Probably combined.
                    Yeah, but he's only a 71% FT shooter, so we're barely getting more than 2 points out of those plays.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Yeah, but he's only a 71% FT shooter, so we're barely getting more than 2 points out of those plays.
                      Or 3.71 points out of those plays when he makes the three!

Comment

• Trade rumors involving the Jazz and Grizzlies. Rubio, Favors and/or Exum and picks in exchange for Conley and maybe some others.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm against getting rid of Favors for Conley and his big ass contract.

Comment

• i'm guessing the conley ship has sailed. marc stein saying conley doesn't want to play in utah, memphis wanting two firsts, reports saying memphis wanted exum included and utah wouldn't do it, etc. you never know how much of this is legit, but there is enough out there to make me think conley to utah is out.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I'm against getting rid of Favors for Conley and his big ass contract.
                              favors, rubio and a first - if the reports are to be believed. and i tend to agree with you.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                i'm guessing the conley ship has sailed. marc stein saying conley doesn't want to play in utah, memphis wanting two firsts, reports saying memphis wanted exum included and utah wouldn't do it, etc. you never know how much of this is legit, but there is enough out there to make me think conley to utah is out.
                                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                favors, rubio and a first - if the reports are to be believed. and i tend to agree with you.
                                I agree, the original offer was declined (per twitter sources). I think that's when the Favors and Exum rumor arose along with JaMychal Green from Memphis.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X