Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    What's the preferred connection? USB-C?
    Absolutely. That is what they use on the iPad and MacBooks now. For the iPhone 12, they include a cable that is USB-C on one end and lightning on the other. Which is crazy, because one of the main objectives in the USB-C standard which apple helped develop is that you can have the same connection on both ends.

USB-C would result in faster charging, faster data transfer, more seamless connection to peripherals, and eliminate tons of e-waste (dongles, extra cables, etc).
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

What's the preferred connection? USB-C?
      IMO yes. Looking forward to it becoming more universal (we still have quite a few devices on micro-USB on our household).
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
        IMO yes. Looking forward to it becoming more universal (we still have quite a few devices on micro-USB on our household).
        Yeah more and more of my stuff is USB-C. Xbox controllers, Nintendo Switch, portable chargers, MacBook, etc. I feel like the lightning cable had a pretty short run. I do like it about a million times better than a micro-USB cable/slot, though.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• My new iPhone 12 Pro came in. Seemed like a good upgrade until I woke up with a mostly dead phone this morning. It turns out Apple is having a huge problem with iPhone 12 and existing Qi chargers. When I set my new phone on my Qi chargers it starts to charge for about five seconds then stops. Amazingly lame.

Ted, I'm holding you personally responsible for this debacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            My new iPhone 12 Pro came in. Seemed like a good upgrade until I woke up with a mostly dead phone this morning. It turns out Apple is having a huge problem with iPhone 12 and existing Qi chargers. When I set my new phone on my Qi chargers it starts to charge for about five seconds then stops. Amazingly lame.

Ted, I'm holding you personally responsible for this debacle.
            I was wondering if it was just me that was having issues charging. I assumed it was because the max was bigger and didn't fit the charger correctly. It seems to be an issue on 3/5 wireless chargers in our house, the other 2 work fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              I was wondering if it was just me that was having issues charging. I assumed it was because the max was bigger and didn't fit the charger correctly. It seems to be an issue on 3/5 wireless chargers in our house, the other 2 work fine.
              None of mine are working. I need to test the charger in my car.

Comment

• I'm really missing UT. The new M1 chip that macs are using looks pretty cool and is creating quite the buzz. Would love his perspective on it.

Comment

• and now with uncle ted gone we realize there has been but one set of footprints in the sand all along
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    I'm really missing UT. The new M1 chip that macs are using looks pretty cool and is creating quite the buzz. Would love his perspective on it.
                    I can fill in for him:

"You should definitely buy one of the new Mac computers. This M1 chip is amazing and better than any of that Intel crap."
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      and now with uncle ted gone we realize there has been but one set of footprints in the sand all along

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I can fill in for him:

"You should definitely buy one of the new Mac computers. This M1 chip is amazing and better than any of that Intel crap."
                        I realize that this is his MO and standard response, but in this case he might be right.

Comment

• My wife got an early Christmas present and got an iPad Pro with the magic keyboard. I don’t know any details about the screen resolution. But I’m watching the North Alabama game right on it, and it looks pretty great.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• I would gladly accept these as a gift, but no way am I paying >500 for headphones.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-t...38805?mod=e2tw

I rarely use my old Bose headphones as it is. And I'm not gonna be walking my dogs broadcasting my fandom.

Unless someone gifts me then. But only then!
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              I would gladly accept these as a gift, but no way am I paying >500 for headphones.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-t...38805?mod=e2tw

I rarely use my old Bose headphones as it is. And I'm not gonna be walking my dogs broadcasting my fandom.

Unless someone gifts me then. But only then!
                              Wow those look nice. The thing about Apple products is user friendliness. I have an old ratty pair of Sonys at my desk at work so it is unlikely that I upgrade to these (and who knows if the sound is an upgrade or not) but I have been pleasantly surprised by headphones (like the Beats by Dre 3) made by apple that audio snobs say aren't worth it.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Wow those look nice. The thing about Apple products is user friendliness. I have an old ratty pair of Sonys at my desk at work so it is unlikely that I upgrade to these (and who knows if the sound is an upgrade or not) but I have been pleasantly surprised by headphones (like the Beats by Dre 3) made by apple that audio snobs say aren't worth it.
                                The gripes usually are that they are not worth the premium over other options, not that they don't produce good sound (although some do complaint about the sound as well).

As usual, Apple releases a product that is fine to very good, at a price that is expensive to ridiculous.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X