Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/930160358500773888

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• So this guy isn’t killed but a pretty interesting case of getting hit by a cop that wasn’t paying attention and then the department works to share the blame with the cyclist.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/peculiar...clist/22573287

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        So this guy isn’t killed but a pretty interesting case of getting hit by a cop that wasn’t paying attention and then the department works to share the blame with the cyclist.

I'm not sure they're really trying to share the blame with the cyclist yet:

Stosberg said the investigation is still underway, but the cyclist was pulled up “past the stop sign” and the narrow intersection contributed to the accident.
        That statement doesn't necessarily fault the cyclist for being pulled up past the stop sign, just a statement of fact. The investigation HAS to show it was 100% the police officer's fault, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          So this guy isn’t killed but a pretty interesting case of getting hit by a cop that wasn’t paying attention and then the department works to share the blame with the cyclist.

Cops are dumb.

He should have known better than to admit it on camera.

Comment

• This morning I was driving in the right lane on a 4-lane highway, with 2 lanes in each direction. Up above, I see a bicyclist riding in the middle of the road, and I know I cant sneak in next to him and share the lane- I will have to move over to the left lane. Which is ok to do because there is a car ahead and a car behind in the lane to my left, but there was no one abreast of me. I put my blinker on, and the car behind me sees my blinker and then speeds up to fill the gap. So now I cant go left, and I am going to hit the cyclist, so I jam on my breaks and honk my horn at the dick who left me no room to move. In response, the cyclist turns around and flips me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              This morning I was driving in the right lane on a 4-lane highway, with 2 lanes in each direction. Up above, I see a bicyclist riding in the middle of the road, and I know I cant sneak in next to him and share the lane- I will have to move over to the left lane. Which is ok to do because there is a car ahead and a car behind in the lane to my left, but there was no one abreast of me. I put my blinker on, and the car behind me sees my blinker and then speeds up to fill the gap. So now I cant go left, and I am going to hit the cyclist, so I jam on my breaks and honk my horn at the dick who left me no room to move. In response, the cyclist turns around and flips me off.
              Blinkers are for suckers.

Comment

• Did we ever determine if it is OK to kill cyclists? Asking for a friend.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  This morning I was driving in the right lane on a 4-lane highway, with 2 lanes in each direction. Up above, I see a bicyclist riding in the middle of the road, and I know I cant sneak in next to him and share the lane- I will have to move over to the left lane. Which is ok to do because there is a car ahead and a car behind in the lane to my left, but there was no one abreast of me. I put my blinker on, and the car behind me sees my blinker and then speeds up to fill the gap. So now I cant go left, and I am going to hit the cyclist, so I jam on my breaks and honk my horn at the dick who left me no room to move. In response, the cyclist turns around and flips me off.
                  By middle of the road I assume you mean middle of the lane of travel which, although not always a good idea IMO, the bicyclist is absolutely entitled to do. Also, FTR, Share the Lane or Share the Road does not mean two vehicles (the vehicle code defines a bicycle as a vehicle in most states) squeeze into the width of a single lane. It means the vehicle operators are supposed to allow the other operators to have the space they are entitled to have. It does seem your ire is properly aimed at the other car driver. Or maybe you shouldn't speed up to pass until you know the space remains available in the next lane.

It is still not OK to kill the cyclist.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Did we ever determine if it is OK to kill cyclists? Asking for a friend.
                    What about mopedists?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Did we ever determine if it is OK to kill cyclists? Asking for a friend.
                      I think so. I read that on average, motorists kill two to three cyclists every day in the United States. That's common enough that I think it's accepted, as is texting and browsing on your phone while driving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Blinkers are for suckers.
                        I despise people that don't use blinkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          It is still not OK to kill the cyclist.
                          Even recumbent cyclists?

I know that have felt like mortally wounding ebike riders that pass me going up mountain bike trails. That shit is not right.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                            Even recumbent cyclists?

I know that have felt like mortally wounding ebike riders that pass me going up mountain bike trails. That shit is not right.
                            I admit, all bets are off WRT eBike riders on uphill trails.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              Even recumbent cyclists?

ebike riders are not cyclists, they are riders. There’s a difference.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Milt one of my former attorneys was killed while riding, by a cop using a computer while driving. Glad to see that the County of LA was finally held liable and the family could recompense their financial loss as well. Milt was one in a million, and he was at my side on several of the most exciting days of my life when ole clack conquered NYC and LA in the same year.

But to crash in a fatal merger the next.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/05/29...on-settlement/
                                Last edited by clackamascoug; 08-06-2018, 09:17 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X