Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I haven't looked closely, but I have to get my Diet Coke in a can, so the odds are fantastic. All interested Ute fans have an open invitation to lunch when in town. Donut is the only one that's ever taken me up on it.
    Dang, I've got to start paying closer attention around here.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Dang, I've got to start paying closer attention around here.
      He went through a stage where he questioned everything. He hasn't called in awhile, so the new staff have probably firmed up his foundation for a bit.
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        Ever been to Viva Las Arepas in Vegas downtown? I extend the same invitation to you as Funk's.
        I'd love to. I'll hit you up. Although I don't stray far from the craps table usually unless it is to play golf, exceptions can be made however.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I'd love to. I'll hit you up. Although I don't stray far from the craps table usually unless it is to play golf, exceptions can be made however.
          Don't worry, its very close to the stratosphere.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Don't worry, its very close to the stratosphere.
            And the OG, which I'm pretty sure stands for Original Golf.
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Telemundo local - Big Time. Of course, they could hate it; I wouldn't know because I don't understand Spanish.

https://www.facebook.com/10001094355...9239926450791/
              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• I cannot recommend this yet because it doesn't open until next Wednesday (Oct 5), but a Jinya Ramen Bar opens near Fashion Place Mall. Boy was I embarrassed when I rushed the place last night only to find that all of the diners were specially invited to do a taste testing run through prior to opening. They tossed me out without even a "so-solly." (Although I'm pretty sure that the person who turfed me couldn't speak any English.)

http://jinya-ramenbar.com

Brief summary of menu: Tapas, Curry Rice Bowls, and ramen. I'm so excited to get a bowl of real ramen noodles, not the odious top ramen stuff. They claim their noodles are aged 3 days! My mouth is watering over this picture of the Spicy Umami Miso Ramen with thick noodles, or Tonkatsu Black Ramen with thin noodles.

So for those who have eaten here, what's it like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  I cannot recommend this yet because it doesn't open until next Wednesday (Oct 5), but a Jinya Ramen Bar opens near Fashion Place Mall. Boy was I embarrassed when I rushed the place last night only to find that all of the diners were specially invited to do a taste testing run through prior to opening. They tossed me out without even a "so-solly." (Although I'm pretty sure that the person who turfed me couldn't speak any English.)

Brief summary of menu: Tapas, Curry Rice Bowls, and ramen. I'm so excited to get a bowl of real ramen noodles, not the odious top ramen stuff. They claim their noodles are aged 3 days! My mouth is watering over this picture of the Spicy Umami Miso Ramen with thick noodles, or Tonkatsu Black Ramen with thin noodles.

Haven't tried that place (yet). There is a relatively new restaurant in Olympus Cove - Kobe - that does ramen. I thought it was pretty good. Also, East West Connection in Foothill has added ramen to their menu. I will need to do a comparison between the three.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    I cannot recommend this yet because it doesn't open until next Wednesday (Oct 5), but a Jinya Ramen Bar opens near Fashion Place Mall. Boy was I embarrassed when I rushed the place last night only to find that all of the diners were specially invited to do a taste testing run through prior to opening. They tossed me out without even a "so-solly." (Although I'm pretty sure that the person who turfed me couldn't speak any English.)

Kind of offensive.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• post-post, I only apologize to SU.

Comment

• Is there a "must not eat" thread? This is one of three Salt Lake restaurants required to close temporarily this last week because of health code violations:

Stella Grill was closed due to 40 violations, including the person in charge not having knowledge about safe food cooking and holding temperatures, according to a health department report.

Health officials also saw “numerous flies” in the restaurant facility, according to the report.

Raw hamburger, raw chicken and several other foods also were held at temperatures warmer than appropriate, the report states.

Several items in the restaurant were damaged or dirty, including several floors and doors.
                        https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46371090&nid=148
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Is there a Vernal must eat thread, because it needs Antica Forma. Best pizza in Utah. I still love Centro but this place is just much better.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Funk doesn't get enough credit for his trolling skills.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                              Is there a "must not eat" thread? This is one of three Salt Lake restaurants required to close temporarily this last week because of health code violations:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46371090&nid=148
                              I’ve been to Stella Grill many times. Yikes. There is a lot of outdoor seating and people going in and out constantly so I could see why there are a lot of flies on the food.

Had some great food at Skewered Thai tonight. That place is great.

Comment

• For you Japanese food lovers out there - our EQP has some friends who are opening a Japanese restaurant in Provo. His parents are originally from Japan, he served his mission there, and apparently he originally met these folks while in Japan and ate some of their food there. He says that while there are some good restaurants that serve Japanese food in Utah - they just aren't authentic. So he's really looking forward to it.

Apparently, if you sign up for their email you get 10% off your first visit - for anyone who wants to check it out (when it opens) and then return and report.

http://ksjapanesekitchen.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X