Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Good point. Why are only my vices a problem? There is a whole thread devoted to the consumption of meat in a manner that is not sparing, yet no one comments that it is trying to look cool by proving lack of WoW compliance.
    The word of wisdom doesn't say you can't have meat nor does it say that if you're going to eat it you can't make it as tasty as possible. It merely says that, over time, it should be used sparingly under certain circumstances. Moreover, that thread was not started by someone who left the church and then decided to start bragging about their beef consumption
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Forage closing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        That is a damn shame. I wonder what happened.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Beehive Bitters. Put a couple of drops of the orange spiced bitters in a Mexican Coke. Much better than the surgery flavorings at the gas stations and soda places.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            Empanada Express in Ft Union. My next-door neighbor just opened this place on Saturday. They are serving a variety of empanadas from Central and South America. Everyone go give them a try!

http://www.empanadaexpress.com

My neighbor's place was awarded Best in State tonight for the Latin American restaurant category.
            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

That area is Draper has great breakfast options. Penny Anne's is really good. Even Steven's right in that area also has very good breakfast food as well. Even Steven's also has Cup and Cardigan Coffee, which is really damn good.
              My niece works at the Even Stevens by the U. She raves about the food, and the rest of the family loves it as well. It's meh for me. I do like the Cuban sandwich, but once it's out of vogue, it's pretty forgettable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                My niece works at the Even Stevens by the U. She raves about the food, and the rest of the family loves it as well. It's meh for me. I do like the Cuban sandwich, but once it's out of vogue, it's pretty forgettable.
                I've only had their breakfast burritos. I will continue to rave about them. I cannot speak for the sandwiches.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                  My neighbor's place was awarded Best in State tonight for the Latin American restaurant category.
                  Next time I'm in Utah I'm going for sure, love empanadas and that's not far from my mom's place.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Next time I'm in Utah I'm going for sure, love empanadas and that's not far from my mom's place.
                    I need to go as well. Hit me up next time you are in town and I'll happily go with you. I'll go despite those savages don't serve craft beer with their empanadas. That is almost as bad as the kolache place in Utah County that only occasionally has coffee.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

That is almost as bad as the kolache place in Utah County that only occasionally has coffee.
                      and they're always out of the jalapeno ones
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        and they're always out of the jalapeno ones
                        Not if you get in early enough in the morning. I was able to get a bacon, egg, and jalapeno and a sausage, egg, and jalapeno.

When they open up their place in SLC, I'll add them to this thread. They really are very good.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          As a big fan of empanadas, I also want to check it out, in spite of their using chicken for the Argentine style (I mean, really? Who equates Argentina with chicken - besides maybe the British?).

The location isn't really on my way anywhere. Maybe I'll go there and eat some empanadas and then say hi to your mother for you.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Salt Lake MUST EATS

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            Ever been to Viva Las Arepas in Vegas downtown? I extend the same invitation to you as Funk's.
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                              Ever been to Viva Las Arepas in Vegas downtown? I extend the same invitation to you as Funk's.
                              Do they have craft beer? Would you extend me an invitation if I'm in the Vegas area?
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Do they have craft beer? Would you extend me an invitation if I'm in the Vegas area?
                                I haven't looked closely, but I have to get my Diet Coke in a can, so the odds are fantastic. All interested Ute fans have an open invitation to lunch when in town. Donut is the only one that's ever taken me up on it.
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X