Most Annoying Ex-Mormons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    We had a guy from our valley go apostate and he was on Bishop Erskine's podcast. Our fellow is now setting up a curriculum for folks to transition out of mormonism and into Evangelical Christianity. I did see where Bishop Erskine read the First Presidency message in the Ensign in December. I believe the message focussed upon Christmas and the birth of Christ. Bishop Erskine added up how many references to Christ were made and how the least frequently used word was "Jesus." This was somehow irrefutable proof of the lack of intimacy in the relationship most Mormons have with Christ. Isiah and Handel really have a shitty relationship with the Savior of all mankind, I tellya!
    I watched a couple of these last night. You take the most boring personality and the most boring speaking style you would see at church and just rebrand it for ex-mo video podcasts. That's funny.

Also, I find it interesting when people use historicity as an argument to leave the church then embrace evangelical christianity. OK...
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      and the Coke is actually Crystal Pepsi.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I watched a couple of these last night. You take the most boring personality and the most boring speaking style you would see at church and just rebrand it for ex-mo video podcasts. That's funny.

Also, I find it interesting when people use historicity as an argument to leave the church then embrace evangelical christianity. OK...
        I'm convinced that Bishop Earl exists so that John Dehlin is not the worst interviewer in ex-mormondom.

I watched parts of a couple of them as well. (Confession: I mainly went through and looked to see if we had lost any attractive sisters. Results: Of the 10-12 female thumbnail images I saw, it looks like the Mormon Church went 11-1 in the win-loss column.) The one I watched the longest (the hot lady) was a woman whose entire experience as a member of the Church was from age 8-9. She remembers wondering if the church was true at her baptism because the bishop made her dad baptize her 9 times (her dad kept saying the baptismal prayer wrong, apparently). It was really the beginning of the end for their family. A year later, her mom left the church and the family stopped going to church. She is now a practicing christian in Layton, and she loves Jesus. Bishop Earl continually reminded her how little the Mormon church talks about Jesus, and she couldn't really comment intelligently because she hadn't attended the Mormon church since she was 9. But she went to HS in Utah, so she agrees that Mormons don't talk enough about Jesus.
        Last edited by Donuthole; 02-06-2018, 09:45 AM.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I'm convinced that Bishop Earl exists so that John Dehlin is not the worst interviewer in ex-mormondom.
          275(!) interviews and counting, and he's still hoooooorrrrible. Also, why do people do his show? I can't understand the appeal at this point. It can only be the thought that they've figured something out that the rest of the idiots in the church haven't, so they've got to get it out there. Or am I missing something?
          Last edited by falafel; 02-06-2018, 09:47 AM.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Dude even as a sworn enemy of yours, I need to intervene on behalf of your best interest. You need to make better use of your time. I cannot imagine wasting any time watching those videos. Bishop Earl is boring as hell, why anyone would willingly subject themselves to that I have no clue.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
              Dude even as a sworn enemy of yours, I need to intervene on behalf of your best interest. You need to make better use of your time. I cannot imagine wasting any time watching those videos. Bishop Earl is boring as hell, why anyone would willingly subject themselves to that I have no clue.
              Haha. Nicely done.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                Haha. Nicely done.
                JL and Funk have a complicated relationship.

Lcr0oT4.jpg
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

newnamenoah was convicted for trespassing on the Jordan River Temple grounds.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    newnamenoah was convicted for trespassing on the Jordan River Temple grounds.
                    any relation to that other annoying mormon, myboynoah?
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      any relation to that other annoying mormon, myboynoah?
                      That guy/gal is a real asshole, so, very likely.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I watched parts of a couple of them as well. (Confession: I mainly went through and looked to see if we had lost any attractive sisters. Results: Of the 10-12 female thumbnail images I saw, it looks like the Mormon Church went 11-1 in the win-loss column.) The one I watched the longest (the hot lady) was a woman whose entire experience as a member of the Church was from age 8-9. She remembers wondering if the church was true at her baptism because the bishop made her dad baptize her 9 times (her dad kept saying the baptismal prayer wrong, apparently). It was really the beginning of the end for their family. A year later, her mom left the church and the family stopped going to church. She is now a practicing christian in Layton, and she loves Jesus. Bishop Earl continually reminded her how little the Mormon church talks about Jesus, and she couldn't really comment intelligently because she hadn't attended the Mormon church since she was 9. But she went to HS in Utah, so she agrees that Mormons don't talk enough about Jesus.
                        To spare me the boredom of watching something as painful as this, why is he called Bishop Earl? Did he become Catholic and rise the exalted level of Bishop, or was he once a proud BYU Bishop?
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          To spare me the boredom of watching something as painful as this, why is he called Bishop Earl? Did he become Catholic and rise the exalted level of Bishop, or was he once a proud BYU Bishop?
                          He is a former LDS Bishop. He was actually my Bishop when I was a kid. My dad served in the Bishopric with him.
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            He is a former LDS Bishop. He was actually my Bishop when I was a kid. My dad served in the Bishopric with him.
                            That explains a lot. Was he a prick or just a boring dolt?
                            Last edited by Topper; 01-04-2019, 09:27 AM.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

newnamenoah has solidified himself as the most annoying ex-Mormon. It isn't even a contest anymore between him and John Dehlin.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                                I think Lucifer deserves a mention here. "And give all the glorrrrry to me! (Give it to me!)" What an ass.

This was very funny, hbc.

Comment

Working...
                                X