Women's Volleyball 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
    The non-setter twin, Hamson’s Little sister and Chad Lewis’s daughter are the primary choices. Recently one of our outsides has played it too
    Olmstead has played a lot a people at opposite this year. I think the following is the order of playing time:

1. Lacy Haddock (was the starting opposite at the beginning of the season but got hurt the first weekend ... primary opposite again after Ballard got injured)

2. Stetler (she got quite a bit of time early in the season right after Haddock got injured that first weekend ... subbed in for some games later in the season ... most notably Oregon).

3. Taylen Ballard (replaced Stetler as the primary opposite (although Hamson got some time between Stetler and Ballard) after the maybe the Utah game (moved from OH) and pretty much locked down the spot until she injured her knee ... played really well in the first San Diego game ... I imagine she will be the starting opposite next season).

4. Hamsen (Olmstead tried her a lot at opposite right after the Ballard injury but eventually settled primarily on Haddock ... she also got time after the Baylor game before Olmstead settled on Ballard).

5. Lewis (very little playing time ... subbed in a few times when the starting opposite was struggling).

Of course, Roni Jones-Perry will hit on the right side when in the back row.
    Last edited by pelagius; 12-08-2017, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Great match so far. BYU struggling a bit against Kentucky here to start the fourth.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• No answer to Edmond here in the fifth.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Well dang. I stepped away from the computer up 5-1 in the 5th and came back a few minutes down 9-7. Fell apart at the end there.

Comment

• Oh well. Nice season. Can't wait to see what they do next year.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Oh well. Nice season. Can't wait to see what they do next year.
              Next year could be a very fun season. Will have to replace Cosy, but I think that's about it from the main rotation.

Comment

• Disappointing match because the hitters didn't play their usual game, and there were a lot of bad sets. But still only one senior so next year might be the year they make another run.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Another heart breaker. I’m not sure what coach saw that caused her to yank Miller, but we needed her when RJP was back row. Stetler played fine, but Miller has a higher ceiling.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    How good is Hamson's little sister?
                    She is developing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                      Olmstead has played a lot a people at opposite this year. I think the following is the order of playing time:

1. Lacy Haddock (was the starting opposite at the beginning of the season but got hurt the first weekend ... primary opposite again after Ballard got injured)

2. Stetler (she got quite a bit of time early in the season right after Haddock got injured that first weekend ... subbed in for some games later in the season ... most notably Oregon).

3. Taylen Ballard (replaced Stetler as the primary opposite (although Hamson got some time between Stetler and Ballard) after the maybe the Utah game (moved from OH) and pretty much locked down the spot until she injured her knee ... played really well in the first San Diego game ... I imagine she will be the starting opposite next season).

4. Hamsen (Olmstead tried her a lot at opposite right after the Ballard injury but eventually settled primarily on Haddock ... she also got time after the Baylor game before Olmstead settled on Ballard).

5. Lewis (very little playing time ... subbed in a few times when the starting opposite was struggling).

Of course, Roni Jones-Perry will hit on the right side when in the back row.
                      Ronnie hits the D ball well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                        Next year could be a very fun season. Will have to replace Cosy, but I think that's about it from the main rotation.
                        Two words, Heather Gneiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                          Two words, Heather Gneiting.
                          Isn't she in the national pool for juniors?
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I don’t know. I saw her play at State and she’s gnarly. She would have been our best middle this year.

Comment

TJGT
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Amazing, tall, athletic women coming out of the woodwork it appears. Where the Hell are the men?
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X