Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha. Did our resident "libertarian" just suggest we should break up Amazon because they are too big?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Haha. Did our resident "libertarian" just suggest we should break up Amazon because they are too big?
      And this president and the apologetics around him are so bad they're actually making the Dems look reasonable to THIS Libertarian.

Comment

Haha. Did our resident "libertarian" just suggest we should break up Amazon because they are too big?
        You big dummy... Why would I want to go back to Walmart and pay higher prices?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          You big dummy... Why would I want to go back to Walmart and pay higher prices?
          Dude, Walmart always has low prices. Always.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• So President Dipshit is mobilizing the national guard to protect the border from... tumbleweeds? The caravan of central americans who will be presenting themselves to CBP to apply for asylum?

Gee I hope those troops have an Audible account.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• More potentially-Orwellian stuff from Trump and Co.

Homeland Security to compile database of journalists, media influencers

The Department of Homeland Security posted a contract request this week for "Media Monitoring Services," which will compile a database of hundreds of thousands of journalists, bloggers and "media influencers" for the federal government. After an outcry on social media, a Department of Homeland Security spokesman tweeted "this is nothing more than the standard practice of monitoring current events in the media."

The work request from DHS seeks a firm that has the ability to monitor up to 290,000 global news sources; ability to track media coverage in up to 100 languages and the ability to "track online, print, broadcast, cable, radio, trade and industry publications, local sources, national/international outlets, traditional news sources, and social media."

The work request also seeks the ability to build lists of journalists based on beat, location, outlet type/size and journalist role. Creating an online "media influence database" is also included.
                  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/homelan...a-influencers/

Comment

• Some recent articles that I think make some good points about Trump's tactics:

About his attacks on Amazon:
                    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...s-ranting.html

His trade war idiocy:
                    http://www.businessinsider.com/china...-market-2018-4

And this one made me look up if I have a Sinclair owned TV station in my market. I don't. But KUTV is. Figures. That was always the UTE station when I was growing up.

see this one first if you're not familiar with the story:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ript-in-unison

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.9cbd4abe1ac8

Comment

Stock market falling like a rock again today. China announces new tariffs on US ag products. All those farmers wearing MAGA hats are going to love this.

The too fat to fail, MAGA hat wearing farmers have nothing to worry about...

Trump to farmers amid trade war: 'We'll make it up' to you

'The farmers will be better off than they ever were,' the president said.

President Donald Trump on Monday attempted to reassure American farmers staring down market uncertainty amid an escalating trade dispute with China, which has threatened to level hefty tariffs on soybeans and other agricultural goods.

“We’ll make it up to them,” Trump told reporters ahead of a meeting with his cabinet. “The farmers will be better off than they ever were. It will take a little while to get there, but it could be very quick, actually.
                      [...]
                      https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...farmers-509928

In other news the Dow is up another 400 points today.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        The too fat to fail, MAGA hat wearing farmers have nothing to worry about...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...farmers-509928

In other news the Dow is up another 400 points today.
                        Still has not made up for last Friday's losses.

Comment

Still has not made up for last Friday's losses.
                          Let's stay positive, JL... Still hasn't lost for last year's gains.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Trade war with China looks to be over... before it even started:

China's Xi promises to lower tariffs this year, open economy further

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday promised to open the country's economy further and lower import tariffs on products including cars, in a speech seen as conciliatory amid rising trade tensions between China and the United States.

While most of the pledges were reiterations of previously announced measures, Xi's comments sent U.S. stock futures, the dollar and Asian shares higher.
                            [...]
                            https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...conomy-further

And I was looking forward to all those MAGA hat wearing, too-fat-to-fail farmers all driving their tractors to DC.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The current Time cover, an update of one from a year ago, is pretty good.

Comment

• Maybe congress will impeach someone...

I take it some folks are feed up with the lack of response from Rosenstein.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X