Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Nice to see these people following my lead. First Obama and now Costas. I even think UD might have finally been convinced by me that the name of his favorite team is incredibly offensive.
    Of all of the race-based names in all of sports, I would think "Redskins" is the one with the most potential to offend. Amazing that they haven't changed it yet.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Nice to see these people following my lead. First Obama and now Costas. I even think UD might have finally been convinced by me that the name of his favorite team is incredibly offensive.
      Yes, as a part american indian the name "redskins" is somewhat offensive to me. I suggest they go with what our founding fathers used in the Declaration of Independence to describe "the inhabitants of our frontiers": "merciless Indian Savages". It seems fitting for our nation's capital football team.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• These fans that are digging in their heels over this issue sound more and more ridiculous, refusing to acknowledge that the term is an anachronism and offensive.

I am trying to lead front the front on this issue and simply refer to the team by its scriptural name, the Washington Lamanites.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Washington Rdskins should drop the "Washington" from its name. It's embarrassing!
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Kirk Cousins to start on Sunday. Shanahan throwing the gauntlet down to Snyder to fire him (allegedly).
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Desean Jackson agrees to terms, will sign on Wed.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Colt McCoy is starting for the Redskins back in Texas!

Too bad the skins are going to lose.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Colt McCoy is starting for the Redskins back in Texas!

Too bad the skins are going to lose.
                  Swish!
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Fran Tarkenton talks RGIII:

“He came into the league with an arrogance. He goes into Washington, which is the worst place for him to go. They have been so hungry for a quarterback, and for winning, they worshipped him. Here’s RG3; he’s our savior, he’s our guy. His father gets involved and is in the locker room—I have never seen a father in a locker room on Sundays. The owner, Dan Snyder, adopts him and becomes his best friend. So RG3, at 21, 22, thought he was Jesus, right? And he was making pontifical statements about how he approached the game. I was listening to him the offseason after his rookie year, which was not a bad year, and I’m saying, ‘Holy s—, this guy is out of control with his ego.’ That was the first sign you saw that he lacked leadership. Then, he was so into himself. You know a quarterback’s job? Make his teammates better. It’s not about you; it’s about your teammates. You’ve got to make them better, and if you don’t make them better, you have no chance. And he was all about RG3. I sympathize with Jay Gruden. Gruden came out and pointed out, which is right, that he has no mechanics. He is a terrible passer, has no accuracy, he doesn’t understand the offense, he doesn’t read defenses, and he has no discipline. When he is supposed to take a three-yard drop, he takes a one-yard drop; if he is supposed to take a five-yard drop, it’s a three-yard drop. There’s no discipline and understanding of the defense because he is a pontificator. He will never make it. He will be out of football. He will be in the same graveyard as JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young.
                    Ouch.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/05/nfl-fr...iffin-iii-rg3/
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Interesting. His accuracy was off the charts his last year in college. I think he had more TDs than incompletions the first month of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Interesting. His accuracy was off the charts his last year in college. I think he had more TDs than incompletions the first month of the season.
                        And he was accurate his rookie season. Accuracy hasn't been the problem. His problems are the other things mentioned by Tarkenton that ultimately cause him to throw bad passes.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                        X