Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    She opened it today. She's going to Washington DC South, leaves Jan 9.
    My son was in that mission. Loved it.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Our mission pres told us tonight that his upper limit on missionaries has been increased from 190 to 250. He's scrambling to find apartments to deal with the influx, which will begin in January.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• We have had several Young Women under 21 in our area (Ohio) get their mission calls within the last week or two. They were ones who applied RIGHT after they could, all but 1 have been called to Asia.

Comment

• We have some good friends who moved here from San Antonio about a year ago. Their 19 year old daughter turned in her papers ASAP after the announcement. She got her call last week.

Houston South. Mission boundaries are within about 30 minutes of San Antonio.
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            We have some good friends who moved here from San Antonio about a year ago. Their 19 year old daughter turned in her papers ASAP after the announcement. She got her call last week.

Houston South. Mission boundaries are within about 30 minutes of San Antonio.
            When my youngest brother was 12 or 13, my parents moved from Laguna Hills, California (where he was born, and which is in the San Diego Carlsbad Mission) to Alpine. He went on his mission at 18 (dad was a mission president) and got called to the San Diego Carlsbad Mision, Spanish speaking. In fact, he came to my ward once while a missionary.
            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• My oldest niece just got her call. She'll enter the MTC as a 20 year old (19 right now). She'll be going to Germany.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                When my youngest brother was 12 or 13, my parents moved from Laguna Hills, California (where he was born, and which is in the San Diego Carlsbad Mission) to Alpine. He went on his mission at 18 (dad was a mission president) and got called to the San Diego Carlsbad Mision, Spanish speaking. In fact, he came to my ward once while a missionary.
                My family moved from California to Portland, OR just before my freshman year at BYU. I left on my mission from my parents' ward in Oregon. My brother got his call right back to the Portland Oregon Mission and his first area was in the Rainier Stake which was the stake we lived in while in Oregon. At the time of my wedding, he was serving in Gidget's home stake in Oregon and attending our sealing and reception.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                  My oldest niece just got her call. She'll enter the MTC as a 20 year old (19 right now). She'll be going to Germany.
                  My friend's sister is heading there as well.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• 19 year-old niece just got her call. Headed to Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      19 year-old niece just got her call. Headed to Washington.
                      Which mission?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        Which mission?
                        Kennewick

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          Kennewick
                          That is crazy. When I was there (Tacoma 93-95) the entire state had 3 missions. Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane.

It has 5 now that I am aware of.

Cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            That is crazy. When I was there (Tacoma 93-95) the entire state had 3 missions. Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane.

It has 5 now that I am aware of.

Cool.
                            I know Kennewick was created when my brother was there (2002) as he started in the Spokane mission and finished in Kennewick (which goes down into parts of Oregon, I believe). What is the other mission?
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              I know Kennewick was created when my brother was there (2002) as he started in the Spokane mission and finished in Kennewick (which goes down into parts of Oregon, I believe). What is the other mission?
                              Everett

Comment

• Here's a story on some of the effects the new missionaries will have in the immediate future. The interesting things were the reduction in time spent at the MTC and the financial impact on USU over the next two years.
                                Not that, sickos.

Comment

Working...
                                X