Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Did you just compare her to a horse?

Are you claiming that no one else like, say, the Beatles, had 4 consecutive albums sell over a million copies? I doubt thats correct.
    According to the website below, as of January 2009, the Beatles only had 19 consecutive albums sell over a million copies each in the United States. Only 23 of their albums sold over a million each in the US. Not sure how many of their total albums were over a million worldwide.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/features/riaa/
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      Haters? Not me. I think she is fine, although it is odd a man Levin's age would get so excited about it. I just dont think she is all that and a bag of chips, musically speaking.
      I think you are stuck on a previous image of T-Swifty, back when she herself was a late teens/early 20s artist that catered to 10-16 year old audiences. She's not that anymore.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        According to the website below, as of January 2009, the Beatles only had 19 consecutive albums sell over a million copies each in the United States. Only 23 of their albums sold over a million each in the US. Not sure how many of their total albums were over a million worldwide.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/features/riaa/
        FTR, the contention is that Taylor Swift's last four albums have each sold over 1 million copies in the first week.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          FTR, the contention is that Taylor Swift's last four albums have each sold over 1 million copies in the first week.
          Really?

Originally posted by Levin View Post
          The album is a "pop masterclass" -- the reviews are in. Surprised? It became the best selling album in 2017 in one hour. On iTunes alone 800,000 copies in one hour. No artist has ever had four consecutive albums sell 1 million copies. Heck, no artist has ever had that happen with three albums. Taylor is Secretariat pulling away from everyone else at the Belmont Stakes. She's the surest cultural bet we've got. And has been for years. Enjoy her continued reign, folks.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Missed opportunity, use this as a learning experience and be better in the future.

[ATTACH]8342[/ATTACH]
            Dude, give me a little credit. I was pitching a softball to Levin!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Really?
              Really. Look at post 337.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                My apologies Sir Duderino. I missed the context.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Y'all beat me to it!

Comment

• T Swizzle is my daughters' favorite singer. They have such great taste for only being 5 and 8 years old! Much better than some of the crusty curmudgeonly grandpas on here.

Her musicality and lyricism will stand the test of time. Remember she writes every song she sings. She has many stone-cold classics. You grandpas should read the Rolling Stone, Vulture, NYTimes, Guardian, BBC, AP, Telegrepah, AV Club etc etc etc etc articles. Professional critics. But the people who love her best are songwriters themselves. For those interested in songcraft, it's fun to read about the nuts and bolts from the pros. They all agree she's once in a generation.

Creekster -- after you change your depends, you should check some of her songs out! Might have to turn up the volume all the way so you can hear it, but the quality should still come through. Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
                      T Swizzle is my daughters' favorite singer. They have such great taste for only being 5 and 8 years old! Much better than some of the crusty curmudgeonly grandpas on here.

Her musicality and lyricism will stand the test of time. Remember she writes every song she sings. She has many stone-cold classics. You grandpas should read the Rolling Stone, Vulture, NYTimes, Guardian, BBC, AP, Telegrepah, AV Club etc etc etc etc articles. Professional critics. But the people who love her best are songwriters themselves. For those interested in songcraft, it's fun to read about the nuts and bolts from the pros. They all agree she's once in a generation.

Creekster -- after you change your depends, you should check some of her songs out! Might have to turn up the volume all the way so you can hear it, but the quality should still come through. Enjoy!
                      See what you made him do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
                        T Swizzle is my daughters' favorite singer. They have such great taste for only being 5 and 8 years old! Much better than some of the crusty curmudgeonly grandpas on here.

I know the songs on her last two albums very well, thank you. She's fine. She's just not significant. She does write nice hooks and has a knack for it even most songwriters dont have. That all said, meh. But I am glad that you are so happy about it.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Dude. Swifty totally just lip synced on SNL.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            Dude. Swifty totally just lip synced on SNL.
                            AND IT WAS BRILLIANT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Dude. Swifty totally just lip synced on SNL.
                              esad you loser!
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Ok her second performance looks real. Phew!

Although her guitar playing looks a little suspect.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X