The official weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Not looking good for Florida and Wuap...

Yeah, that's a direct hit on us.......here's the latest, as of 11AM EDT

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Yeah, that's a direct hit on us.......here's the latest, as of 11AM EDT
      Batten down the hatches, and stay safe Wuap!

Comment

• There are a number of live webcams you can watch Irma on. For example,

Soggy Dollar Bar on the BVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGdi7z_B4U
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          Batten down the hatches, and stay safe Wuap!
          Yeah, I don't mess around with hurricanes. We ALWAYS evacuate. I'm probably going to mom's in Kentucky if they ever decide to tell us they're canceling class. The college president just told me he wouldn't know until Saturday.

Anxiety is high right now in my innards.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Yeah, I don't mess around with hurricanes. We ALWAYS evacuate. I'm probably going to mom's in Kentucky if they ever decide to tell us they're canceling class. The college president just told me he wouldn't know until Saturday.

Anxiety is high right now in my innards.
            Good luck Wuap and I hope your ward is prompt in their clean up services this time around!
            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Good luck Wuap and I hope your ward is prompt in their clean up services this time around!
              I can feel the love.

Comment

• The official weather thread

I'm glad it's you and not me, again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  I'm glad it's you and not me, again

Hey, I sent you kind words before yall got hit. Not cool, EJ.

Sent from your iPhone using Hackatalk

Comment

You're talking about the dude who posted pics of his kids swimming in the backyard while people's entire belongings floated down the street.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• For anyone who has ever been through the Oregon Gorge, you know Multnomah Falls is one of the great treasures of the Pacific NW. Thanks to a some teenagers throwing fireworks, that will no longer be the case (though technically, the falls will still probably work the same). Here is a video of how quickly a forest fire can grow out of control.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        You're talking about the dude who posted pics of his kids swimming in the backyard while people's entire belongings floated down the street.
                        I saw that, thought it was obtuse as hell, gauche even, but decided to not say anything. But, since you said something and he was rude, I'm glad someone else noticed it besides me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          For anyone who has ever been through the Oregon Gorge, you know Multnomah Falls is one of the great treasures of the Pacific NW. Thanks to a some teenagers throwing fireworks, that will no longer be the case (though technically, the falls will still probably work the same). Here is a video of how quickly a forest fire can grow out of control.

The ash has been steadily falling on my homestead since Tuesday. Though it can be fairly surprising how quickly some forests recover, this is essentially rain forest.

Lt. Damon Simmons, spokesman for the Portland Fire & Rescue Bureau drove through the Columbia River Gorge early Wednesday and tried to reassure those concerned about the devastation: "The gorge still looks like the gorge. ... It’s not a blackened, destroyed no-man’s land. There are trees everywhere and they look good.
                          "That's not to say there isn't damage to some of those trees," he said. "But it's still a beautiful drive through there and it still looks good."
                          It will be interesting to see the changes, it has become a favorite place to escape since I moved to the area 20+ years ago.

Comment

• Hurricane Matthew hit almost a year ago and it was said on the radio today that in the next town over from my hometown, it caused 36 caskets to come up from their plot when the water came. Half of those have still not been re-interred because they haven't been able to properly identify the body.
                            I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                              Hurricane Matthew hit almost a year ago and it was said on the radio today that in the next town over from my hometown, it caused 36 caskets to come up from their plot when the water came. Half of those have still not been re-interred because they haven't been able to properly identify the body.
                              When we went down to Katrina to help with hurricane clean-up and New Orleans security, one of our missions was retrieving wayward caskets. I'm glad I wasn't personally involved with that one.

Comment

• The official weather thread

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

Stay safe, my friend (no sarcasm in this post)

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X