• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is seriously the best. Now the MWC is miraculously about to come back

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...040811008?s=19

Comment

• LOL at the Pac12! Little brother gonna little brother
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        LOL. How pathetic is the P12?

They cancel the season right after the B10. PROTECT THE STUDENT ATHLETES!!

Since then, nary a word.

B10 realizes they were super dumb to protect the super athletes and want in on the action, so they announce they are back!

P12: "UUUHHH... YEAH! US TOO! WE HAVE PROTECTED OUR ATHLETES SUFFICIENTLY! WE HAVE CONVINCED OUR GOVERNORS TO CHANGE THEIR RULES FOR US! WE ARE BACK!!!!"

Seriously, so hilarious
        so funny. nothing has changed with the virus but suddenly they are safe. fun stuff.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• For the last few weeks lots of ute fans on twitter saying how irresponsible and dangerous BYU's decision to play has been. Can't wait to see their opinions change overnight.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• There is still the little matter of the NCAA cancelling all championships for the entire year.

When they start suing, it will be the coaches, the ADs, the fitness staff, the conferences, and now the NCAA if they walk this back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              For the last few weeks lots of ute fans on twitter saying how irresponsible and dangerous BYU's decision to play has been. Can't wait to see their opinions change overnight.
              The situation has changed with the rapid testing capability, but the PAC12 is in a tough situation. Stand by themselves and fall further behind the other conferences or about-face on health of athletes and bring in money to keep athletic departments afloat. Either way they will be laughed at (and probably sued).
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• The rapid testing thing seems to be tho excuse used by P12 defenders. What a copout. They've known about rapid testing for weeks

Comment

The rapid testing thing seems to be tho excuse used by P12 defenders. What a copout. They've known about rapid testing for weeks
                  And apparently if you use the rapid test it mitigates the long term heart issues from the virus. Magic!

Trevor Lawrence is smarter than the whole PAC12 leaders and schools. He was right that the athletes are better off in a football program, being monitored and responsible to something other than themselves. Covid will happen at college but it’s not happening on the football teams and instead is happening off campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

What a copout.
                    Totally agree. Gov. Newsom sounded like a moron in the espn article JiC linked.

Roughly five hours after Scott's statement was released, Newsom said there is nothing in the state guidelines that prevents the Pac-12 from resuming. However, he cited a scenario that seemingly contradicted that assertion.
                    "We put out, I think, thoughtful guidelines and again, in partnership with the NCAA, about cohorting during workouts and practices," Newsom said. "Now, this manifests very differently depending on the sport. Basketball cohorting of up to 12 may be a little easier than football up to 12, but offensive teams, defensive teams are able to coordinate and practice and the like."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29898469/wildfires-coronavirus-testing-complicate-pac-12-conference-possible-return-playing-football
                    Either Newsom doesn't know the rules of football or he doesn't know the rules of the Covid measures in his own state.

But, at the end of the day, it strikes me as really unfair to expect kids to practice & play games when their classes are all (or mostly) online.
                    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                      The situation has changed with the rapid testing capability, but the PAC12 is in a tough situation. Stand by themselves and fall further behind the other conferences or about-face on health of athletes and bring in money to keep athletic departments afloat. Either way they will be laughed at (and probably sued).
                      It has nothing to do with testing. I still think this was mostly about athletes threatening to unionize. Covid made an easy out. Really interested to see what happens next.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        It has nothing to do with testing. I still think this was mostly about athletes threatening to unionize. Covid made an easy out. Really interested to see what happens next.
                        Bingo

Comment

• Navy sucks. They are just terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            Navy sucks. They are just terrible.
                            Not so fast, my friend!

Comment

• No kidding. I bet navy +5.5 ( yeah I know what was I thinking)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                                Not so fast, my friend!
                                What a comeback. That was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X