Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...orce-closings/

This is the kind of thing that just doesn't need to happen in most areas. Those stores can be inspected, take precautions to protect their workers and customers, and remain open. A person is much more likely to get or spread the virus in a grocery store than one of these craft stores. Same can be said for sporting goods stores and many other kinds of "non-essential retail". The judge and health officials act like they are saving lives by closing craft stores. Reality? Probably not. They are inflicting incredible damage on these stores, their employees, and their suppliers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
      Silver linings, graduations are stupid.
      they really are
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Silver linings, graduations are stupid.
        Silver linings, save some money!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• In an alternate universe with a different president, health officials in the United States could have had better options, better ways to channel public anxiety, better ways to monitor the public’s well-being, using technology and without suspending the rule of law.
          This is wishful thinking.

A few thousand American citizens die on 9/11. What followed?
          Never let a good crisis go to waste:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/03/go...ation-history/
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            While they're at it, I hope they can start giving us social credit scores.

Comment

• First case of a person I know, my neighbor directly across the street from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                First case of a person I know, my neighbor directly across the street from me.
                whoa...
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• On Facebook, she claims she has only left the house to go grocery shopping in the last 3 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    First case of a person I know, my neighbor directly across the street from me.
                    My wife said a girl in the ward has it. I think a couple of my employees may have had it, but I don't think they ever got tested.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Utah now up to 1250 new positive tests. Still at just 7 deaths, third day in a row without a death after 7 in the previous 8 days. Hospitalizations had been holding steady at about 10% of positive tests, now down to 8.5%.

I guess the longer we can hold off the inevitable surge, the better.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Surprised to hear that Idaho has been hit so hard - especially Sun Valley area.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Surprised to hear that Idaho has been hit so hard - especially Sun Valley area.
                          It’s really interesting how touristy ski towns are being slammed. Blaine county seems to have been hit the worst, but Summitt county is bad as well as Mono county, CA and I think Eagle county, CO (Vail) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Really? Anywhere new Yorkers go to spend their money is going to see considerable infections. Thankfully, new yorkers havent figured out yet that Utah has the best skiing.

Comment

Blame those damn New Yorkers:

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/202...-hot-spot.html
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                                https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...orce-closings/

This is the kind of thing that just doesn't need to happen in most areas. Those stores can be inspected, take precautions to protect their workers and customers, and remain open. A person is much more likely to get or spread the virus in a grocery store than one of these craft stores. Same can be said for sporting goods stores and many other kinds of "non-essential retail". The judge and health officials act like they are saving lives by closing craft stores. Reality? Probably not. They are inflicting incredible damage on these stores, their employees, and their suppliers.
                                What in the Sam Hill are your talking about???

Let's all get one thing strait, this disease can be gotten anywhere. I've mentioned this before in other threads that 25% of all cases are asymptomatic. This means without the number of tests that are needed, but currently don't have, it is impossible to trace where things are coming from. So, they can come from anywhere. This is why we need to shelter in place. Closing these stores is necessary because they provide nothing vital to the survival of humans. I laugh when people say that taking precautions by protecting workers will allow the store to stay open. How can you protect the workers from an asymptomatic individual that inadvertently coughs, sneezes, sweats, etc? You can't. AND you cannot ensure you are protecting anyone!! We can't know who is passing it along, so we cut this off properly.

No doubt about it, this is a shit sandwich and we all gotta take a bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X