Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you / will you take the coronavirus epidemic seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn. This thing is exploding in real time tonight.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I'm starting to take the coronavirus epidemic seriously.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        I'm starting to take the coronavirus epidemic seriously.
        Yeah, can I change my vote? Katy is laughing at all of us through her mask.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• May be time for a thread title change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Damn. This thing is exploding in real time tonight.
            Yep. I wonder if the kids' school is going to cut canceled next.

Comment

• Social distancing is pretty evident in nyc. Midtown is a ghost town (relative to normal times). I've never seen subway trains so empty before midnight, and people are generally staying away from each other on platforms and in public spaces. It is so odd.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is silly. Crazy overreaction.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I'm not worried about catching the virus for myself. I just don't want to pass it on to my parents or other vulnerable people. I'll participate in the mitigation measures to be socially responsible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    This is silly. Crazy overreaction.
                    Did you not hear about Tom and Rita??
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I would be interested in the case for letting this work it's way through our population given what we know about it.

Or alternatively, what we should do and what we shouldn't do. Is the whole thing an overreaction? Or just parts of it? Which parts are valid and which parts are not?

It seems the whole freaking world is on the side of stopping this thing and almost any cost. That case continues to be made. Who is making the other case and what are they saying?

Other than Trump.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...800543232?s=19

AOC with words of wisdom.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Don't worry AOC, people are going to stop patroning all restaurants for the foreseeable future.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Here's an interesting piece on the importance of social distancing. The intro:

When you’re done reading the article, this is what you’ll take away:
                            The coronavirus is coming to you.
                            It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
                            It’s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
                            When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
                            Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
                            Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
                            They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.
                            The only way to prevent this is social distancing today. Not tomorrow. Today.
                            That means keeping as many people home as possible, starting now.
                            Notwithstanding the alarmist intro, it does provide a lot of interesting data and projections about flattening the curve.

Comment

The Life Care Center is 1 mile away from another high school in district, 10 miles away from here... or ground zero. Shut down the district today, giving in to the crazy parents. I get 2+ weeks off (paid), but I'm pissed that unhinged irrational actors like mbn are controlling the narrative.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X