womens soccer 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Maybe BYU's coach is a better evaluator of YW soccer talent than falafel is?
    Doubtful

Comment

Jacey Wood!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Doubtful
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I didn't expect a win, but I sure expected a better performance than this.

Stanford = buzzsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            I didn't expect a win, but I sure expected a better performance than this.

Stanford = buzzsaw.
            Stanford has the best collection of talent but the only coach who might get his team to compete against them is UNC.

BYU played nervous, made untimely mistakes and gave up too many balls in the defensive third. The big, strong midfielder on the left side just over-powered our midfield. We couldn't get anything going in the middle and that doomed BYU, as BYU was not accurate with its direct passing game. Flake was also hesitant to shoot and missed a couple of opportunities.

It might have been a better game had BYU converted an early chance but the pressure got to BYU. BYU was not as bad as that game made it appear, but BYU did not respond well to the excellent pressure and very good athleticism.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
              Stanford has the best collection of talent but the only coach who might get his team to compete against them is UNC.

BYU played nervous, made untimely mistakes and gave up too many balls in the defensive third. The big, strong midfielder on the left side just over-powered our midfield. We couldn't get anything going in the middle and that doomed BYU, as BYU was not accurate with its direct passing game. Flake was also hesitant to shoot and missed a couple of opportunities.

It might have been a better game had BYU converted an early chance but the pressure got to BYU. BYU was not as bad as that game made it appear, but BYU did not respond well to the excellent pressure and very good athleticism.
              The only thing keeping Stanford from going all the way is if they choke. I felt the same about them last year and they did choke in the final four against Florida State. This year they're probably hungrier.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                The only thing keeping Stanford from going all the way is if they choke. I felt the same about them last year and they did choke in the final four against Florida State. This year they're probably hungrier.
                They seem very focused. Unless and until Stanford stops recruiting top notch talent, BYU has probably reached the glass ceiling.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  They seem very focused. Unless and until Stanford stops recruiting top notch talent, BYU has probably reached the glass ceiling.
                  It would be nice to not always meet the top seed in the regional. Sounds like the NCAA is cooking the books to keep BYU out of the final four, for fear to having to move the final off of Sunday.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    It would be nice to not always meet the top seed in the regional. Sounds like the NCAA is cooking the books to keep BYU out of the final four, for fear to having to move the final off of Sunday.
                    I wish they'd just do Friday/Monday or Thursday/Saturday to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                    X