THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I doubt they want that as well. I bet they want to keep profiting from the likeness of the athletes as well. I mean, once Tua can started selling his autograph or doing commercials for pay or making money from jersey sales or signing shoe deals, that will cut into the schools profits. They sure don’t want that.

Public sentiment is changing. We aren’t very far from college athletes being paid, which I think is a good thing. I’d love for Katie Ledecky to be able to attend Stanford while making millions from her name and endorsements while being able to enjoy the college life and swimming for Stanford.
    It is one thing to say that an athlete ought to be able to derive income from a personal Insta account, jersey sales, etc. It is another thing entirely to say that there should be no rules or limits on boosters influencing recruits. That will never happen.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      It is one thing to say that an athlete ought to be able to derive income from a personal Insta account, jersey sales, etc. It is another thing entirely to say that there should be no rules or limits on boosters influencing recruits. That will never happen.
      Not sure anyone is saying boosters going unchecked and no rules is the way to go..

The current system sucks and needs changed. Maybe the pay-to-play will force the NCAA and The Pentaverate into changing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        Not sure anyone is saying boosters going unchecked and no rules is the way to go..
        Uh...

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Yes, payments from boosters should go unchecked.
        Your stated solution is to stop allowing universities to organize and make their own rules and have the federal government take over. Commie.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Uh...

Your stated solution is to stop allowing universities to organize and make their own rules and have the federal government take over. Commie.
          The federal government mucks up everything it puts its grimy fingers on. No need for them to come in and make matters worse for CFB.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            The federal government mucks up everything it puts its grimy fingers on. No need for them to come in and make matters worse for CFB.
            I am sure if the feds took over everyone would be happy and nobody would ever complain again about inconsistency, unfairness, etc.

Comment

I am sure if the feds took over everyone would be happy and nobody would ever complain again about inconsistency, unfairness, etc.
              Or corruption. That wouldn't be possible at all.

Comment

Status quo it is!!! It’s dirty and sucks but it is not enough to want change.

I would love to hear alternatives on how they handle these types of cases. I am curious to know how Chase Young gets 2 games and Yoeli gets 9 games for something that was allegedly allowed per the NCAA..

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-14-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Gonna be a fun weekend. Go Bucks!!

https://youtu.be/I3AHFXPYx3k

Comment

• This has been a fun team to watch. Even when they make mistakes it does not faze them nor shift the game. They just refocus and pull away.

I hope we get Minnesota as I am not a fan or re-matches.

Comment

• I don’t see anyone stopping tOSU this year. They’re looking dangerous.

Comment

On a side note: Terrell Pryor is in critical condition from being stabbed in the chest and shoulder. It is said a woman is responsible for his assault..

It says he will make a full recovery..

https://es.pn/2DtshcB

Comment

On a side note: Terrell Pryor is in critical condition from being stabbed in the chest and shoulder. It is said a woman is responsible for his assault..

It says he will make a full recovery..

https://es.pn/2DtshcB
                          Women assaulting buckeyes. That’s backwards!

Comment

Women assaulting buckeyes. That’s backwards!
                            Ha! From the article it says he is up for assault as well but she is up for attempted homicide and assault[emoji15]

Comment

Ha! From the article it says he is up for assault as well but she is up for attempted homicide and assault[emoji15]

Crazy story. I wonder what was going on.

Comment

Crazy story. I wonder what was going on.
                                My guess, they were drunk they got feisty and he tried to hit her and she went straight loco on him..

He is from PA and is not in the NFL right now so I am assuming he is just home doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X