Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Sign up for acorn and the first week is free. Binge the six episodes and cancel before your week is up. That is what I did.
    Even at $4.95 for a full month, it's worth the outlay. I thought Season 3 was the best of the bunch, including a very satisfying finale. Among other things, the season answered the question we kept asking ourselves through the first two seasons, "Why did Becky ever choose, let alone stay with, Andy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      I watched seasons 1 and 2 of Detectorists and liked it a lot. Mrs. Meanie thought it was pretty boring. I want to watch Season 3 but am too cheap to pay for it because it isn't included with Prime.
      Season 3 was better than 2 IMO. Even if you forget to cancel after a week, don’t be that guy who’s a cheapskate for 4.99.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Even at $4.95 for a full month, it's worth the outlay. I thought Season 3 was the best of the bunch, including a very satisfying finale. Among other things, the season answered the question we kept asking ourselves through the first two seasons, "Why did Becky ever choose, let alone stay with, Andy?"
        #teamandy
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          #teamandy
          Now, absolutely. Among the reasons,
          Spoiler for a minor one:
          I liked the scene where Lance thinks it was his idea for his daughter's move to the boat, and even exults about it. Andy doesn't correct him and claim rightful credit; instead he allows his friend to feel good about himself, a harmless conceit. True friendship.

Comment

• "Electric Dreams" is interesting, not great. I guess each one is based on a Phillip K. Dick short story. Each episode is basically a common human condition put into the future or a fantasy storyline. A few big names are actors. About half of them are worth watching if you want to try something new. One that I really liked is the episode "The Commuter". Give that one a try.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• So I did the free Acorn trial and watched the first half of Detectorists Season 3 last night. I'll watch the second half tonight.

Comment

• Love PKD. So he sucked at dialogue- his plots were excellent.

Comment

• You have to give the guy who plays Lance a lot of credit. He's a short, balding, homely ginger, who is one hell of an actor. I love the scenes where he's practicing what to say in advance of a potential conversation.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Love the opera scene in episode 5 of the Romanoffs.
                    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    I like the Romanoffs and didn't Eckhard get the part due to his passing ability to speak french due to his mission to france? Way to bite the hand that feeds you.
                    Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    Whoa — did you watch episode 7? So good.

Not sure why this show was panned by critics — I thought it was great. Episodes 1-3, 7, and 8 were the best.
                    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    yeah, it was authentic as can be.
                    I'm through Ep 7 of Romanoffs. I legit think this is one of the best shows Amazon has done. Of course, I love Mad Men and the people in Mad Men, so maybe I'm biased. While some episodes are definitely better than others, I've enjoyed pretty much every episode. Each episode stands alone, but did everyone else pick up on the link between Eps 6 and 7? I thought it was clever.

Spoiler for Subtle, yet obvious:
                    In Ep 7 (Russian Adoption ep) Anka is explaining how she doesn't want a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome. She alludes to her relative (cousin, maybe?), Victoria, who adopted a kid with hemophilia, and now she spends her life running around the world trying out potential cures. This was, of course, a plot point in Ep. 6. Also, i'm glad I watched in order, because if I had watched in the order recommended by many critics, I would not have picked up on that, as I would have seen Ep 7 before Ep 6. I digress.

Anyway, Episode 7 was seriously amazing. The series is a slow burn, but it's a good burn.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I really liked Season 1 of the Detectorists. I liked Season 2 a little less, and Season 3 kind of sucked, and I'm glad it's over.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        I really liked Season 1 of the Detectorists. I liked Season 2 a little less, and Season 3 kind of sucked, and I'm glad it's over.
                        Crazy talk. You obviously didn't watch it correctly, with some hot tea in front of you. You know, like Lance and Andy did, underneath the tree.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• I've enjoyed the first four episodes of "Informer". Just a couple more episodes to go. Not sure if there's more than one season.

I'm two episodes into "The Widow" starring Kate Beckinsale but so far it feels more like a Lifetime channel movie than an Amazon original. There was a pretty head-scratching tactic employed in the second episode which had me thinking "what did she hope to gain by doing that". Anyway, not that great so far.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            I've enjoyed the first four episodes of "Informer". Just a couple more episodes to go. Not sure if there's more than one season.

I'm two episodes into "The Widow" starring Kate Beckinsale but so far it feels more like a Lifetime channel movie than an Amazon original. There was a pretty head-scratching tactic employed in the second episode which had me thinking "what did she hope to gain by doing that". Anyway, not that great so far.
                            Informer was great and hoping it has more seasons too. Well done.

The Widow. Meh. I was actually pissed by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by dabrockster; 03-13-2019, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• Just finished off Informer. Did not see that ending coming.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Catastrophe Season 4 drops one week from today (on March 15th). You have until then to catch up!
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X