Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    I really liked the theme music - thought it very fitting for the show.
    The song is called “The Detectorists” and was written for the show, so that makes sense.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      The series is ultimately about relationships. And the beauty and charms of a simple life.
      I'm about to tell you I'm pregnant. But wait, there's the doorbell. Let me just get that. Huh, it's an envelope filled with incriminating pics of my bf kissing a 23yo college student. I'll storm off now.

Stay tuned for the next episode of As The Detectorist Turns...

So dumb.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        I'm about to tell you I'm pregnant. But wait, there's the doorbell. Let me just get that. Huh, it's an envelope filled with incriminating pics of my bf kissing a 23yo college student. I'll storm off now.

So dumb.
        LOL. The guy who doesn't like Pixar movies also hates something as inoffensive as the Detectorists. Who would have guessed?
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          LOL. The guy who doesn't like Pixar movies also hates something as inoffensive as the Detectorists. Who would have guessed?
          Ha. I can't think of a more compelling endorsement.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So dumb.
            The "perfectly imperfect" timing is pretty prevalent throughout tv and film, but it's particularly egregious in British TV, I think. Also, don't read Victor Hugo. In Les Miserables, the same people keep running into each other throughout the book. Yeah right Vic, as if Javert would be the prison guard, constable of Montreuil-sur-Mer, and part of the counter-revolutionary forces, all interconnected with Jean Valjean and his associates. Such soap opera bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              The "perfectly imperfect" timing is pretty prevalent throughout tv and film, but it's particularly egregious in British TV, I think. Also, don't read Victor Hugo. In Les Miserables, the same people keep running into each other throughout the book. Yeah right Vic, as if Javert would be the prison guard, constable of Montreuil-sur-Mer, and part of the counter-revolutionary forces, all interconnected with Jean Valjean and his associates. Such soap opera bullshit.
              Uh.... whatever you do, don't read any Charles Dickens!

Or watch any episodes of Seinfeld.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Uh.... whatever you do, don't read any Charles Dickens!

Or watch any episodes of Seinfeld.
                Hole in one!
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Hole in one!
                  I loved to watch that show and anticipate how all the story lines were going to converge in the end of an episode. Larry David was a master at that.

Comment

Well, you know, Paris was a much smaller city back then.

(Does Les Miz take place in Paris? I've never seen or read it).
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Well, you know, Paris was a much smaller city back then.

(Does Les Miz take place in Paris? I've never seen or read it).
                      :surprise:

I just re-watched the 1930's version the other night.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

The "perfectly imperfect" timing is pretty prevalent throughout tv and film.
                        Ok, and your point is?

For a show that seemed to be a tender reflective look at a couple of underachievers and explore their bond with each other, the sudden need to drop a Drama Bomb really came out of left field and is, IMHO, antithetical to what had been built up through the first three eps. If the exact same thing happened in, say, Catastrophe, I wouldn't blink an eye. It would be perfectly suitable. This, to me, was a lazy way to advance the character development and relationships that had heretofore been slowly cultured.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Informer. I have been enjoying this British-Drama show with 6 episodes.

It’s about how a British-Pakistani man gets forced into being an informant. Very cool show. The characters are unique and shows a different side of London that is in the shadows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, and your point is?

For a show that seemed to be a tender reflective look at a couple of underachievers and explore their bond with each other, the sudden need to drop a Drama Bomb really came out of left field and is, IMHO, antithetical to what had been built up through the first three eps. If the exact same thing happened in, say, Catastrophe, I wouldn't blink an eye. It would be perfectly suitable. This, to me, was a lazy way to advance the character development and relationships that had heretofore been slowly cultured.
                            I don't know. Becky and Andy's relationship plays a crucial role in the relationship between Lance, Andy, and detecting (and vice versa).

Comment

• I watched seasons 1 and 2 of Detectorists and liked it a lot. Mrs. Meanie thought it was pretty boring. I want to watch Season 3 but am too cheap to pay for it because it isn't included with Prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                I watched seasons 1 and 2 of Detectorists and liked it a lot. Mrs. Meanie thought it was pretty boring. I want to watch Season 3 but am too cheap to pay for it because it isn't included with Prime.
                                Sign up for acorn and the first week is free. Binge the six episodes and cancel before your week is up. That is what I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X