Podcast Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    My aunt passed away yesterday from complications related to a back surgery performed last week.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

My aunt passed away yesterday from complications related to a back surgery performed last week.
      As far as I know, there were no symptoms of problems immediately following the surgery. She went into the hospital yesterday and they initially thought it was a heart attack. She either went into a coma or it was induced - not yet clear to me which. A few hours later we were notified that she had passed.

Couldn't help but think of this article when I heard the news.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

As far as I know, there were no symptoms of problems immediately following the surgery. She went into the hospital yesterday and they initially thought it was a heart attack. She either went into a coma or it was induced - not yet clear to me which. A few hours later we were notified that she had passed.

Couldn't help but think of this article when I heard the news.
        can i get a referral? my mother in law needs a fusion
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          Sure. Let me get the surgeon's deets for you.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your aunt, Pelado.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Sorry to hear about your aunt, Pelado.
              Thank you. Really glad I got to visit with her a few weeks ago.
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Thank you. Really glad I got to visit with her a few weeks ago.
                  Glad you had that. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

• I enjoyed this episode of Peter Attia's podcast, the drive, with Apolo Anton Ohno.

https://peterattiamd.com/apoloohno/

Comment

• Last weekend, I binge listened to Cold, a KSL podcast on the Josh Powell/Susan Powell tragedy. The season is not finished yet, but it's been really interesting, in a sad and twisted way. Steve Powell is a sick, sick man.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Armchair Expert with Dax Shephard is pretty good. For being such a homely, awkward doofus, that dude has a really pretty wife and some awesome friends.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Last weekend, I binge listened to Cold, a KSL podcast on the Josh Powell/Susan Powell tragedy. The season is not finished yet, but it's been really interesting, in a sad and twisted way. Steve Powell is a sick, sick man.
                          dave cawley is my guy
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• The latest This American Life podcast has a gut-wrenching story about drug addiction, recovery, and relapse. Incredibly sad.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/667/wartime-radio

It's the first story.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              The latest This American Life podcast has a gut-wrenching story about drug addiction, recovery, and relapse. Incredibly sad.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/667/wartime-radio

It's the first story.
                              Listened to this last night. At least most of it.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I stumbled onto the podcast The Nine Club. It's a podcast about skateboarding hosted by Chris Roberts and Robert Bagley with Kelly Hart chiming in. It's really good if you're into skateboarding. The first episodes were a bit rough around the edges as they figured things out. It didn't help that their guests were friends or teammates. But as they've gone on they've gotten better production and guests. They recently had a 4 hour Lance Mountain interview that was rad. He talked about how he tithed his company The Firm into the ground. Anyway, for skating geeks it's a lot of fun.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X