The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I wonder if Drumpf considers his home state New York or Florida? For tax purposes I am guessing Florida.
    Maybe he doesn't pay taxes.

Comment

• I'd STFU if I was Trump Jr. Flake bailed out his dad's last SCOTUS pick and really did nothing to stop the Trump agenda-- just gave the veneer of an objective critic within the party and legitimacy as opposed to all the pretending the Emperor has clothes that goes on these days...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I'd STFU if I was Trump Jr. Flake bailed out his dad's last SCOTUS pick and really did nothing to stop the Trump agenda-- just gave the veneer of an objective critic within the party and legitimacy as opposed to all the pretending the Emperor has clothes that goes on these days...
        And he's not the only potential primary opponent anyway. I think someone will eventually challenge Trump from within the GOP. Will that person win? History says not. But history also says that incumbents who get a primary challenge usually lose the general election.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Maybe he doesn't pay taxes.
          Maybe I need to look into this "The Art of the Deal" book.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'd STFU if I was Trump Jr. Flake bailed out his dad's last SCOTUS pick and really did nothing to stop the Trump agenda-- just gave the veneer of an objective critic within the party and legitimacy as opposed to all the pretending the Emperor has clothes that goes on these days...
            Speaking of the SCOTUS... Have we seen RBG lately? I am getting worried about her.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Sorry BK... it doesn't look like Jeff Flake isn't going to run:

As long as Jeff Flake's son doesn't have anything to do with it... I don't have any problem with him being the dog catcher.
              Geez what a dirtbag. Funny you would relay that.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Geez what a dirtbag. Funny you would relay that.
                Yeah, I thought that BK would want to know that Flake wasn't running for President... since he is a fan.

I didn't know that Commando wasn't a fan, however. Personally I like the new Jr Senator from AZ much better:

Did she realize that those boots and dress don't really go together, however? The colors don't work for me.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Good hell! Seriously? The people who did not get the appointments (assuming they did not sleep with Brown themselves) clearly have a discrimination claim.

After what has happened over the past several elections, I don't see why women candidates should be free from having their sexual escapades examined/discussed when they come to light. I'd rather not hear about it, but we live in a world where the Obama Campaign went nuts when Mitt mentioned "binders of women." This gold for the Dump.

The unique harm we cause when we dissect a powerful woman’s love life

Does it help your career, to date someone powerful? I’d assume so. Does it also help to play golf with someone powerful, or smoke cigars with someone powerful, or belong to Skull and Bones? I’d assume that, too. But for decades we’ve accepted those relationships — many of which benefited only men — as standard procedure for how executives and politicians get ahead. In August, ProPublica published a story about a trifecta of Mar-a-Lago members exerting influence over the Department of Veterans Affairs. None of them had military or government experience, but they did have long-standing acquaintanceships with the president.

Was Harris the only appropriate candidate for the commissions to which Brown appointed her? I don’t know.

I do know that by the time she met Brown, she’d already graduated from Howard University, where she’d been elected to the student government and the lauded debate team, and she’d already graduated from law school, and she was already working as a deputy district attorney in one of the most populous counties in the United States — and maybe, just maybe, she was already going places on her own?

He wasn’t her boss. The relationship was consensual. Dating a technically still-married man 30 years one’s senior might not be the relationship choice that most of us would make, but it’s understandable that smart government officials in San Francisco’s political scene would end up socializing with each other. Was Harris supposed to date only morons with whom she had nothing in common?
                  What a dope.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Yeah, I thought that BK would want to know that Flake wasn't running for President... since he is a fan.
                    Meh

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Meh
                      Well, some fan you are.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Well, some fan you are.
                        I like that he occasionally stood up to the worst of Trump. And I'd be glad if he got into Trump's way and mucked things up for him in a primary. But Flake not running for president is not that big of a deal.

Comment

• Flake's a good guy but didn't have the political gravitas that McCain had to stick his finger in the GOP's eye once in a while. He would have liked to, but the GOP in Arizona has taken a turn for the crazy- his poll numbers were not looking good for the GOP primary since there was no shortage of Trump friendly GOPers ready to challenge him. They were all morons anyway (the field included Joe Arpaio- no joke) and got beat by the Democratic challenger, just like I predicted.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Flake's a good guy but didn't have the political gravitas that McCain had to stick his finger in the GOP's eye once in a while. He would have liked to, but the GOP in Arizona has taken a turn for the crazy- his poll numbers were not looking good for the GOP primary since there was no shortage of Trump friendly GOPers ready to challenge him. They were all morons anyway (the field included Joe Arpaio- no joke) and got beat by the Democratic challenger, just like I predicted.
                            The response in Arizona to the GOP there going off the rails on a crazy train is that democrats are going to win more often.

Comment

• I would think Ted would be most disappointed by Flake not running because the narrative going around in Trump cicrcles was that Flake was grandstanding because he wanted to run against Trump.

Comment

• So, with Kamala Harris staying that she wants to force everyone into Medicare, I’m again left to wonder if I should vote for her or Trump should she get the nomination. What are the chances we end up with a Democrat that has at least some sense of centrality in their platform? Right now it seems they are all vying to be the most progressive candidate ever.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X