2018 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Game ball should go to Bevo. He set the tone.
    Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Hey dumbass.. It proves my further point it needs to be more than a 4-team playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That wasnt your original point and it Georgia losing doesn't prove the playoff should be 8 anyway. Otherwise I completely agree!

Comment

• Felt this was the appropriate place for this sad news.

RIP Tyler Trent (Purdue SuperFan and Honorary Captain)

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-cancer-age-20

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Game ball should go to Bevo. He set the tone.
          Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          LOL@Georgia ("We should be in the playoffs instead of Notre Dame!").

Is Texas back yet?
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The bowl season has proven that the playoff should shrink back to two teams. If Bama blows out Clemson, maybe we can just go back to the old bowl system and leave it in the hands of the voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              Felt this was the appropriate place for this sad news.

RIP Tyler Trent (Purdue SuperFan and Honorary Captain)

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-cancer-age-20
              So sad. He’s written a book with all proceeds going to charity.
              https://www.tylertrentbook.com

Comment

• LOL..

https://youtu.be/5q8l4YFS4Mk

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  So sad. He’s written a book with all proceeds going to charity.
                  https://www.tylertrentbook.com
                  Very sad but wonderful story.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• I was bemoaning the fact that this evening's commute home was going to be hellacious given the CFP Championship Game being played alongside my route. But then I just got a call from a former colleague offering me a seat on the 50 yard line in the VIP section. I was ambivalent until he mentioned the free eats in the VIP lounge so, okay I guess. Not sure if I'm on the 'Bama or Clemson side. I came to the office unprepared and all I've got in the car is an orange windbreaker, so go Tigers! Drive home will now be even worse, but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      I was bemoaning the fact that this evening's commute home was going to be hellacious given the CFP Championship Game being played alongside my route. But then I just got a call from a former colleague offering me a seat on the 50 yard line in the VIP section. I was ambivalent until he mentioned the free eats in the VIP lounge so, okay I guess. Not sure if I'm on the 'Bama or Clemson side. I came to the office unprepared and all I've got in the car is an orange windbreaker, so go Tigers! Drive home will now be even worse, but still.
                      I don't know that the drive will be that bad. They're basically giving away tickets to this thing. It's not sold out and there are still thousands available.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I don't know that the drive will be that bad. They're basically giving away tickets to this thing. It's not sold out and there are still thousands available.
                        Yeah, and the weather, though not terrible, isn't great. I know of a guy who was crowing a couple of months ago about scoring VIP seats for $1,750 each, and as of two days ago one could get them for around $300. I got mine for free!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Yeah, and the weather, though not terrible, isn't great. I know of a guy who was crowing a couple of months ago about scoring VIP seats for $1,750 each, and as of two days ago one could get them for around $300. I got mine for free!
                          I would take free VIP seats any day. It's such a bummer that the stadium is so far away from everything. I don't know what they were thinking relocating there. It was such a PITA when the super bowl was there a couple years ago. Especially when all the events were in SF.

I'm not sure why the NCAA thought they would be a good host. Aside from the location it's a lukewarm college football area and that's being kind.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            I would take free VIP seats any day. It's such a bummer that the stadium is so far away from everything. I don't know what they were thinking relocating there. It was such a PITA when the super bowl was there a couple years ago. Especially when all the events were in SF.

I'm not sure why the NCAA thought they would be a good host. Aside from the location it's a lukewarm college football area and that's being kind.
                            Agreed on all counts, except that there are several hundred rabid SJSU fans in the area, plus several thousand typically indifferent Stanford fans a bit up the road, so there's that.

Comment

• pac good luck dodging all of the spitballs i shoot at you from the cheap seats
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                                pac good luck dodging all of the spitballs i shoot at you from the cheap seats
                                You should come pay a visit (Sec. 138, row 13). I'll alert the ushers and security that my gamekeeper or houndsman may need to deliver an important message.

Comment

Working...
                                X