Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Well, he basically said its my way or the highway on his pet legislation. He talked about working together, but when it came right down to it, he was willing to push legislation on party line votes.
    That’s a valid criticism, but to fair, like I said above he didn’t have a Congress willing to compromise.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      That’s a valid criticism, but to fair, like I said above he didn’t have a Congress willing to compromise.
      Yeah, you could look at it that way. Or you could look at it as you didn't have a President willing to compromise (on certain issues, at least).
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Yeah, you could look at it that way. Or you could look at it as you didn't have a President willing to compromise (on certain issues, at least).
        Those aren’t mutually exclusive. The Tea Party wasn’t going to work with him on anything.

Comment

Those aren’t mutually exclusive. The Tea Party wasn’t going to work with him on anything.
          That's kinda what I'm getting at.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            The whole thing is nuts. The press secretary is a really stupid target to go after. The job of a press secretary is to be a spokesman for the POTUS, you idiots. She is doing her job.
            On the subject of going after people for just doing their jobs...

Increasing threats to Homeland Security include burned animal carcass left on staffer’s porch

Department of Homeland Security employees are seeing violent threats with greater frequency because of the president’s immigration policy, according to an official with knowledge of a recent threat assessment.

The department determined that there was a “heightened threat against DHS employees” in response to recent government actions surrounding immigration, according to a letter sent to employees over the weekend.

“This assessment is based on specific and credible threats that have been levied against certain DHS employees and a sharp increase in the overall number of general threats against DHS employees,” Claire Grady, acting deputy secretary of Homeland Security, wrote to employees on Saturday.

In early May, the Trump administration announced it would begin enforcing a zero-tolerance immigration policy — criminally charging everyone who illegally crossed the southwest border. This led to around 2,300 children being separated from their parents as they faced prosecution.

The family separations sparked outrage among advocates and lawmakers across the country, and on Wednesday Donald Trump signed an executive order that said he would keep families together during criminal proceedings.

Around two dozen threat reports were issued in the past few days, primarily against Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers, according to the same official. Each of these reports is generally related to a specific online threat. All employees are personally contacted by DHS security if they are the target of a violent threat, the official said.

In one example, a senior DHS official living in the Washington. D.C. area found a burnt and decapitated animal on his front porch, according to an official with knowledge of the incident.
            [...]
            https://wtop.com/government/2018/06/...taffers-porch/

What a bunch of sick basturds... Now I know why the left doesn't want folks to have guns. They know what their own are likely to do.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              On the subject of going after people for just doing their jobs...

https://wtop.com/government/2018/06/...taffers-porch/

What a bunch of sick basturds... Now I know why the left doesn't want folks to have guns. They know what their own are likely to do.
              Thanks Hannity!

Comment

I haven't seen any evidence the compromising or bridging gaps is how Obama manages or governs. He was too inexperienced to know how and never had any in his administration who knew how. I am not stating that the hard core conservatives would have been easy to work with, because they wouldn't have been, but a Reagan or Clinton would have found a way to compromise. Obama didn't have a clue how to do so.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Uncle Ted, this is for you, buddy.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Uncle Ted, this is for you, buddy.

#whataboutobama

JL, don’t you realize that it was completely different when Obama was president? Obama didn’t “rip babies from mother’s arms” when his people were separating families at border. Completely different, man.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

#whataboutobama

JL, don’t you realize that it was completely different when Obama was president? Obama didn’t “rip babies from mother’s arms” when his people were separating families at border. Completely different, man.
                      He was only doing it from a benevolent paternalistic perspective to save them from unproductive lives.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Uncle Ted, this is for you, buddy.

lol. Ted doesn't realize that the entire premise of this meme is bullshit. The 1996 'law' Clinton signed authorized screening for trafficking, which wasn't even a consideration in how Trump went about it- he clearly, as we've gone over here ad nauseam, was never enforcing any previously passed law that addressed family separation, but enacted a policy that included family separation as a happy coincidence. And the "Obama enforced it for two terms" is just meme fodder they are counting on nobody fact checking.

ACTUALLY, Obama didn't separate families at the border, Ted. I'm sure I've mentioned no fewer than five times that he started the 'family detention centers' that human rights activists have been trying to shut down. The one in Dilley, TX is in full operation. Google "baby jail." Or don't pay attention to anything I post and keep thinking what you are determined to think. Whatever's more comfortable for you.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Ted was asking about information on Trump's merit based idea. Here are some articles showing that if put in place it would in fact reduce legal immigration by a signficant amount. I'm not sure why this is a surprise. Trump has aligned himself with what used to be a small minority of Republicans who are extremely hardline on all immigration, not just illegal. "Merit based" is just code for letting fewer people in, period. It's dumb economically because we're going to need more labor in the coming years for the economy to be strong, not less.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-bill/550724/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta.../#56ed54398e84
                          Last edited by BlueK; 06-26-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            Ted was asking about information on Trump's merit based idea. Here are some articles showing that if put in place it would in fact reduce legal immigration by a signficant amount. I'm not sure why this is a surprise. Trump has aligned himself with what used to be a small minority of Republicans who are extremely hardline on all immigration, not just illegal. "Merit based" is just code for letting fewer people in, period. It's dumb economically because we're going to need more labor in the coming years for the economy to be strong, not less.

Merit based has always been a head-scratcher for me. We are short on low-end labor, not skill positions. Also, a doctor in Honduras has a little better position than a laborer, and is likely not living in abject poverty. I'd think it's the people who scrape by day to day trying to find a way to feed their families that would be a priority if we do something so anti-capitalist as to limit and score immigrants.
                            sigpic
                            "Outlined against a blue, gray
                            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              Ted was asking about information on Trump's merit based idea. Here are some articles showing that if put in place it would in fact reduce legal immigration by a signficant amount. I'm not sure why this is a surprise. Trump has aligned himself with what used to be a small minority of Republicans who are extremely hardline on all immigration, not just illegal. "Merit based" is just code for letting fewer people in, period. It's dumb economically because we're going to need more labor in the coming years for the economy to be strong, not less.

I don't know how anyone can say a merit based system would let fewer people in. (Fewer than what, BTW? Fewer than an open border? Well, duh.) It really boils down to the parameters used. If they want more people immigrating in the parameters could just be adjusted so it is easier to apply for citizenship. If the math don't work then use new math, man.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't know how anyone can say a merit based system would let fewer people in. (Fewer than what, BTW? Fewer than an open border? Well, duh.) It really boils down to the parameters used. If they want more people immigrating in the parameters could just be adjusted so it is easier to apply for citizenship. If the math don't work then use new math, man.
                                Fewer than how many are currently coming in legally. Read the articles.

And you can't see how it would be less? It's pretty basic: we will only allow x number of people and they must work in IT, engineering or whatever. It's not that hard to set the parameters they want based on the government's current biases.

and applying for citizenship is a completely different thing. I get annoyed by the ignorance of people to think there are only illegals and citizens. There is such a thing as legal residents who are not citizens. That is what we are talking about here. This isn't about changing the laws that govern applying for citizenship.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X