Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    There is nothing Dems can do to lessen the fears of small business owning libertarians. We want to go about our way with as little government intrusion as possible. So all big government types, Dem or GOP, are an anathema to our way of living. Trump is undesirable but so is the Democratic Party. No matter how you sell snake oil, it is still snake oil. We don't want extra government programs, we don't want higher taxes or higher prices, we don't want social media outrage, or we don't want identity politics. We want the peace, quiet and opportunity to work in our corners of society and to be left alone. In the end, we'll make our corners of society better places by being good citizens, paying our taxes, obeying the law and asking as little of society as possible. If everybody emulated this model, society would continue to improve without the upheaval statists demand.
    It's funny. The only things in these types of threads that get a reaction from you are articles about the democrats taking back congress. You admittedly don't pay attention to Trump. I'd recommend doing so before freaking about the possibility of having an opposition party in control of one of the legislative bodies, and throwing loaded words like statists around.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      It's funny. The only things in these types of threads that get a reaction from you are articles about the democrats taking back congress. You admittedly don't pay attention to Trump. I'd recommend doing so before freaking about the possibility of having an opposition party in control of one of the legislative bodies, and throwing loaded words like statists around.
      Statist is a clinical term, so you may wish to learn the difference. And I lived through JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton and Obama, most were bad for small business libertarians (JFK had some good points), so I already know what having Democrats in power means. I've been to that picture show before. Because of the acceptance of the Democratic agenda by the dominant media, we don't get the shit show put on by Trump, but if that is all the Dems have to offer, "Never Trump", we'll return to the same picture show of small business oppression, high barriers to entry, higher taxes, more regulations and just generally more oppression through government growth and bigger unfunded debt. I have my complaints about the crap the GOP is doing which is why it's time for a legitimate third party. Both of the majors put out garbage. This may sound like a bunch of hyperbole, or oversimplification, but nobody really cares to dissect what is happening and the macro and micro level. You simply wish to dissemble T and therewith the GOP.

I recognize that doesn't matter to you, and you believe that Trump has created a second version of Nazi Germany. Neither Obama nor T have tried to do that. It is pure hyperbole. I like nothing that T has done other than appoint Gorsuch. But I can say that there was nothing Obama did on the large scale that I approved of.

My relatives that are in the Never Trump camp may win this battle, but I wouldn't be surprised if offering nothing more than Never Trump also becomes a loser campaign. Right now, the Dems offer Never Trump and Everything is Free Sanders, now Warren. In a neutral world, how is that an enticement for a small business person? If the Democratic assemblage of identity politics pulls together, it might work and the Dems may take the House. I get that. But you're not offering anything at all to independents, libertarians or those without a special interest.

Thus, we will be stuck with a back and forth war for the foreseeable future. That is my concern if the Dems win. It would be better for the Dems to lose so that both parties rethink their strategies, because the Dems must offer something more than We Hate Trump and We will mortgage the future to give away free stuff we can't afford now. It might win, but it is terrible government policy. There are no longer moderates in the Democratic Party and the GOP has no message as well. We're screwed.

It all comes done to cost. Analyze the immigrant issue on the basis of money. People want to let them in, do so because they believe society can afford to give asylum and to integrate into society. People who want limits, believe they will overwhelm the resources. It mostly comes down to money.

The Dems usually cost society more than the GOP, but both are terribly expensive. Many of us need a less expensive government. You may not understand that.
      Last edited by Topper; 06-23-2018, 06:53 PM.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        libertarians dont support trump
        What makes you think I support Drumpf or even voted for him?

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The left is starting to go too far. Time to reel it back a bit Ms Waters.
          Last edited by Moliere; 06-24-2018, 07:20 PM.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            What makes you think I support Drumpf or even voted for him?

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
            Just your incredibly irritating behavior and constant defending of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Just your incredibly irritating behavior and constant defending of him.
              I am just denouncing the hypocrites... Just trying to be like Jesus!

“Ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.

“Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity”
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                The left is starting to go too far. Time to reel it back a bit Ms Waters.
                Agree. The left's unhinged paranoia begets violence toward those that are not "woke" enough to agree. These latest restaurant incidents are very disturbing.

The reasoning seems to be:
                "We are doing this (e.g. throwing Mrs. Sanders out of a restaurant or shouting the DHS secretary out of another), because you first did that (long list of grievances)."

You hear that same logic from high-school and middle-school aged kids with behavior problems all day, every day. The lack of self-awareness upon reflection is striking (though not necessarily surprising) for a pre-teen/early-teen. However, in this case... the Democrats are supposedly "the adults in the room".
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Also, this:

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    Also, this:

Other than the spelling error, that is right on.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Agree. The left's unhinged paranoia begets violence toward those that are not "woke" enough to agree. These latest restaurant incidents are very disturbing.

"We are doing this (e.g. throwing Mrs. Sanders out of a restaurant or shouting the DHS secretary out of another), because you first did that (long list of grievances)."

You hear that same logic from high-school and middle-school aged kids with behavior problems all day, every day. The lack of self-awareness upon reflection is striking (though not necessarily surprising) for a pre-teen/early-teen. However, in this case... the Democrats are supposedly "the adults in the room".
                      It seems the public accommodation component of the law will forbid this, so although popular with the Left and with the Franks of the world, it isn't a very legally sound position.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Ha. That having been said, I would gladly sit in a cell and pay the price for any level of vicious attack I could get in on Stephen Miller.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

The whole thing is nuts. The press secretary is a really stupid target to go after. The job of a press secretary is to be a spokesman for the POTUS, you idiots. She is doing her job.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            The whole thing is nuts. The press secretary is a really stupid target to go after. The job of a press secretary is to be a spokesman for the POTUS, you idiots. She is doing her job.
                            Yeah, I think the point is that she doesn't have to do that job.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              Yeah, I think the point is that she doesn't have to do that job.
                              While this is true, do you support the suggestions of Maxine Waters?
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Also, this:

Just to help some of the bird get ready, Trump wins by a landslide in 2020.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X