• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This made me feel a bit bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      This made me feel a bit bad.

Me too. My phone is way smaller than that.

Comment

• Last night while driving home, a small spider parachuted from the ceiling of my car via a single strand of web. I knocked him to the passenger seat, and then, while trying to navigate the freeway entrance, tried to fling him out the window and not crash. I was only 50% sure he went out the window.

This morning on the my way to work I noticed a very thin strand of web between the A-pillar and the dash on the driver's side. For the rest of the drive I was sure I felt spiders crawling all over me.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Last night while driving home, a small spider parachuted from the ceiling of my car via a single strand of web. I knocked him to the passenger seat, and then, while trying to navigate the freeway entrance, tried to fling him out the window and not crash. I was only 50% sure he went out the window.

This morning on the my way to work I noticed a very thin strand of web between the A-pillar and the dash on the driver's side. For the rest of the drive I was sure I felt spiders crawling all over me.
          I'm glad you didn't die. I am glad spiders are tormenting you. I hope they continue to do so.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Turns out you can get a pretty good breakfast burrito at the federal courthouse.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• BT builds the UK’s first ‘unhackable’ quantum-secured network
              [...]
              The link is said to be ‘unhackable’ due to its reliance on the use of single particles of light (photons) to transmit encryption keys across the fibre. If this communication is intercepted, the sender will be able to detect that the link has been tampered with.

The stolen photons will then be unable to be used as part of the key, rendering the data stream totally incomprehensible. Equipment from ID Quantique is being used to transmit the encryption key as a stream of single photons.
              https://www.siliconrepublic.com/ente...ckable-network

Your move, NSA!
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm sure there is a post in here somewhere when this originally happened (I can't find it), but the USMA cadet who graduated last year wearing a Che T-Shirt under his uniform and a "Communism will win" message under his uniform cap and then posted pictures of it on his Facebook page, has be kicked out of the Army with an "other than desirable" discharge.

I was pretty sure his career was a non-starter, but I'm a little surprised they actually kicked him out

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...D=ansmsnnews11

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• I spent the last hour or so watching a lightning storm roll across the Great Salt Lake just to the south of us - just beautiful - better than the 4th of July fire works It's a nice way to spend a birthday evening. I hope it doesn't start Antelope Island on fire again
                  Last edited by happyone; 07-10-2018, 08:44 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                    I spent the last hour or so watching a lightning storm roll across the Great Salt Lake just to the south of us - just beautiful - better than the 4th of July fire works It's a nice way to spend a birthday evening. I hope it doesn't start Antelope Island on fire again
                    Happy belated birthday Happyone!
                    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• I learned a new word today: Whataboutism

Apparently it was recently added to The Oxford English Dictionary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                        I learned a new word today: Whataboutism

Does the definition include a picture of Uncle Ted?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                          Does the definition include a picture of Uncle Ted?
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                            I learned a new word today: Whataboutism

you obviously haven't been on CB the past year.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              you obviously haven't been on CB the past year.
                              Or ever.

Comment

• Sometimes I type my texts to the missus into Google by mistake. Does that mean I might have a thing for Google Assistant?

Comment

Working...
                                X