Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Bestellen
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      The guy has got to step down.
      And he might be stepping down... Franken is making an announcement tomorrow:

It is good to see the democrats draining their own swamp.

Oh crap... another one?

Freshman Democratic lawmaker calls out Nancy Pelosi and refuses to resign amid sexual misconduct allegations

Democratic Rep. Ruben Kihuen of Nevada responded to calls for him to step down amid sexual misconduct allegations by vowing not to resign. He admonished House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and other top party brass for allegedly continuing to back his campaign after learning about the allegations made against him last year.

"I do find it interesting that the [Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee], Leader [Nancy] Pelosi and Chairman Ben Ray Lujan - they knew about these allegations last year," Kihuen said, according to ABC News on Tuesday. "They looked into them. They didn't find anything, and they continued investing millions of dollars in my campaign. They went out there and campaigned for me," he said.

According to campaign records, the DCCC reportedly spent at least $3.15 million on Kihuen's campaign in 2016.

Kihuen allegedly made sexual advances toward a former finance director during his congressional campaign, touching her thighs without consent and propositioning her for dates and sex, BuzzFeed reported last week.

"I sincerely apologize for anything that I may have said or done that made her feel uncomfortable," Kihuen said in a statement Friday. "I take this matter seriously as it is not indicative of who I am."
      [...]
      https://amp.businessinsider.com/rube...i-dccc-2017-12
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• NBC had a huge roast of Matt Lauer in 2008 with all the top brass and Today show people. Three hours of joking about Matt Lauer's intra-office hi-jinks. The same people that are now denying they knew anything about his behavior were celebrating it almost 10 years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-behavior.html

Embattled NBC executives have been falling over themselves, insisting they had no idea about Matt Lauer’s pervy past. But if anyone doubts that New York’s media elite was aware of Lauer’s reputation, they should look no further than a top-secret “roast” of Lauer that took place in October 2008.

The notorious event ─ now legendary in New York media circles ─ pushed the outer limits of sexist, racist, homophobic and obscene jokes — and left little doubt that Lauer’s colleagues knew NBC’s biggest star had a troubled marriage and a wandering eye.

Last week, NBC’s own Joe Scarborough, who attended the roast but said he left early, feeling uncomfortable, brought it up on “Morning Joe.” Lauer’s peccadillos, he said, were not just known about. At the roast, they were celebrated.

“The whole theme was that he does the show and then he has sex with people, with employees,” Scarborough said. “So was this whispered behind closed doors? No. It was shouted from the mountaintops and everybody laughed about it.”
        Speaker Martha Stewart joked, “I hear NBC executives call Matt the ‘Cock of the Rock',” according to The Voice.

Another of the roast’s speakers was current CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker ─ then the chairman of NBC Universal ─ who last week adamantly denied that he had any idea about Lauer’s in-office sexcapades.

“It’s just good to see Matt up here and not under my desk,” Zucker said from the podium. “I don’t want to say Matt is a germophobe, but he’s the only guy I know who uses Purell both before and after he masturbates.”
        Then “Today” co-host Meredith Vieira was especially crude, making jokes about Lauer and Roker partaking in anal sex during the Turin Olympics, with Roker as the receiving partner. Former “Today” star Katie Couric went next, reading a David Letterman-style Top 10 list of facts about Lauer. Among the digs, “No. 10 - According to his wife, he’s not really an early riser, if you know what I mean.”

But a shot at Lauer’s in-office relationship with Curry, who was in the room, got the biggest laugh of Couric’s routine.

“No. 2 - He loves to eat Curry,” she said as Curry (sitting in the audience) went pale and the crowd roared with laughter. “What? Indian food! What’s wrong with you people?”
        But the most cringeworthy comments, in hindsight, were made by Lauer himself, who spoke at the end of the roast. The “Today” star alluded to sex with two former colleagues, Couric and Curry.

“Let me just say that I saw that colon a lot before the rest of you saw it,” Lauer said in an anal sex joke about Couric (who famously underwent a colonoscopy on air).

But the twice-married Lauer wasn’t finished joking about sleeping with female contemporaries.

“What’s with all the small-d--- jokes? It was fun to look over and see Ann Curry laughing… like she doesn’t know how big my d--- really is,” Lauer said, wrapping up an event that The Village Voice called “three hours of d--- jokes.”
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• if you've watched a roast these days, those jokes are par for the course regardless of who the celebrity is, man or woman, etc. not defending lauer, but those jokes certainly aren't evidence they knew anything.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            if you've watched a roast these days, those jokes are par for the course regardless of who the celebrity is, man or woman, etc. not defending lauer, but those jokes certainly aren't evidence they knew anything.
            IMO, the jokes are usually centered around the truth. Jeffrey Ross didn't make that fat lady joke because Aretha Franklin is skinny (in fact, in 2008 she was huge).

But I agree that roast jokes aren't exactly the equivalent of deposition testimony.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 3 hours of dick jokes?! Sounds like a grand ol’time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Just read about Congressman Trent Franks, who had to resign due to conversations he had with staffers about possible surrogacy. He's a big anti-abortion guy. This part of his statement was weird:

A wonderful and loving lady, to whom we will be forever grateful, acted as a gestational surrogate for our twins and was able to carry them successfully to live birth. The process by which they were conceived was a pro-life approach that did not discard or throw away any embryos. My son and daughter are unspeakable gifts of God that have brought us our greatest earthly happiness in the 37 years we have been married.
                Not being an expert in surrogacy or in vitro fertilization, what is a pro-life approach to conception? Is he saying he had sex with the surrogate mother to conceive the twins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Just read about Congressman Trent Franks, who had to resign due to conversations he had with staffers about possible surrogacy. He's a big anti-abortion guy. This part of his statement was weird:

Not being an expert in surrogacy or in vitro fertilization, what is a pro-life approach to conception? Is he saying he had sex with the surrogate mother to conceive the twins?
                  Immaculate conception.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Just read about Congressman Trent Franks, who had to resign due to conversations he had with staffers about possible surrogacy. He's a big anti-abortion guy. This part of his statement was weird:

I'd guess it just means in vivo rather than in vitro fertilization (but I'm also not an expert). When they do in vitro, don't they make a lot of "batches," select the best 2-3 embryos, and discard the rest?
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Re: Franks

This is a bizarre one. Is the supposed harassment that he talked about surrogacy with female staffers? Just a little TMI? Or is it a bizarre attempt to explain away his sexual advances?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Re: Franks

This is a bizarre one. Is the supposed harassment that he talked about surrogacy with female staffers? Just a little TMI? Or is it a bizarre attempt to explain away his sexual advances?
                        Yeah, the whole story sounds like an episode of "A Handmaid's Tale".

Dear female co-workers:

It has come to my attention that a recent memo I sent asking if any of you would like to serve as a surrogate mother may have been construed as inappropriate. I would like to apologize for that and for my failure to recognize that asking a female co-worker if she would like me to impregnate her might be viewed as sexual harassment in this current political climate.

I assure you I meant no harm when I suggested one of you might be an appropriate vessel for my man-seed. I come from a time when it was a compliment to suggest that a woman could produce fine, robust children. Clearly this is a different age, and for that I am sorry that you will miss out on carrying my child.

I also should have recognized that, given my position as your boss, asking you to act as my personal baby incubator was putting you in an uncomfortable position. I’m told this made many of you feel that I value women only for their ability to procreate.
                        [...]
                        http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...207-story.html

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Yeah, the whole story sounds like an episode of "A Handmaid's Tale".

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...207-story.html

I am sorry that you will miss out on carrying my child
                          Now THAT'S an apology!
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Re: Franks

This is why I asked about that weird line in his statement. If his pro-life conception technique is sex with the surrogate, then I could see why his staffers would be even more troubled by his advancesrequests. Also, it came out today that he was [allegedly] offering $5 million to one of the women.

Comment

• If Dustin Hoffman wasn't finished before, he is now. Some pretty vile allegations coming out against him today.

Comment

If Dustin Hoffman wasn't finished before, he is now. Some pretty vile allegations coming out against him today.
                                isn’t he like 5’ 4”? if so this all makes sense and was pretty predictable
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X