Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Untrue.
    Ditto
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      I believe this should be in the Art thread.
      sigpic
      "Outlined against a blue, gray
      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Mitt Romney with a strong post on Facebook this morning:

Mitt Romney
        13 mins ·
        I will dispense for now from discussion of the moral character of the president's Charlottesville statements. Whether he intended to or not, what he communicated caused racists to rejoice, minorities to weep, and the vast heart of America to mourn. His apologists strain to explain that he didn't mean what we heard. But what we heard is now the reality, and unless it is addressed by the president as such, with unprecedented candor and strength, there may commence an unraveling of our national fabric.

The leaders of our branches of military service have spoken immediately and forcefully, repudiating the implications of the president's words. Why? In part because the morale and commitment of our forces--made up and sustained by men and women of all races--could be in the balance. Our allies around the world are stunned and our enemies celebrate; America's ability to help secure a peaceful and prosperous world is diminished. And who would want to come to the aid of a country they perceive as racist if ever the need were to arise, as it did after 9/11?

In homes across the nation, children are asking their parents what this means. Jews, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims are as much a part of America as whites and Protestants. But today they wonder. Where might this lead? To bitterness and tears, or perhaps to anger and violence?

The potential consequences are severe in the extreme. Accordingly, the president must take remedial action in the extreme. He should address the American people, acknowledge that he was wrong, apologize. State forcefully and unequivocally that racists are 100% to blame for the murder and violence in Charlottesville. Testify that there is no conceivable comparison or moral equivalency between the Nazis--who brutally murdered millions of Jews and who hundreds of thousands of Americans gave their lives to defeat--and the counter-protestors who were outraged to see fools parading the Nazi flag, Nazi armband and Nazi salute. And once and for all, he must definitively repudiate the support of David Duke and his ilk and call for every American to banish racists and haters from any and every association.

This is a defining moment for President Trump. But much more than that, it is a moment that will define America in the hearts of our children. They are watching, our soldiers are watching, the world is watching. Mr. President, act now for the good of the country.
        One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
        SU

Comment

• God bless Mitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Mitt brings reason and dignity. It makes me mourn his presidency that never was.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              God bless Mitt.

Mitt has never minced words on racism. I remember when a police official from the New Hampshire town where Mitt owns a vacation homes, called Obama the N-word. Mitt campaigned aggressively for the guy to leave his post.

Comment

• "I Used To Be a Neo-Nazi. Charlottesville Terrifies Me"

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...fies-me-215502

"These newer offshoots have been far more successful than we could ever have dreamed. When you see crowds of hundreds marching through the streets with their faces uncovered, when white supremacist leader Richard Spencer holds a press conference a few days after a woman was killed by one of his fellow travelers and hosts reporters in his home, it becomes clear just how much more terrifying this new generation of extremists is. They’re savvier than we were. Better connected.

I recognize so much of myself in those hate-filled faces from Charlottesville. Their innocuous-looking khaki pants, white polo shirts and blue blazers are sharper than the intimidating combat boots and red suspenders we wore, but I can see my old life in those images all the same. And if in fact their movement is growing, it’s not hard for me to understand how: I know how easy it is to slip into a racist group and become so passionate about the cause that it becomes unthinkable to leave."

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                  Mitt Romney with a strong post on Facebook this morning:
                  Yes.
                  We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                    Mitt Romney with a strong post on Facebook this morning:
                    Write in Mitt!!!
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      God bless Mitt.

Yes that was an excellent statement.

Comment

• Robert E. Lee was not a believer in war monuments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.24e052447147

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          His hands look really really small in that picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Mitt has never minced words on racism. I remember when a police official from the New Hampshire town where Mitt owns a vacation homes, called Obama the N-word. Mitt campaigned aggressively for the guy to leave his post.
                            Don't forget the time he cried on the side of the road.

Comment

• This tells you all you need to know about what wall street thinks about Bannon's dopey "economic nationalism." Stock market climbs upon news of Bannon about to get fired.

They like the deregulation. They don't like talk of trade wars, protectionism and anti-globalism of Bannon, is my guess. But Trump is still there, so maybe he tries to push through that garbage anyway, in which case the market will go back down whenever that happens.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...ter-2017-08-18

Comment

• Bannon has been voted out.

Comment

Working...
                                X