• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
    Ruling sheriff?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Ruling sheriff?
      Denied!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Denied!
        Dammit
        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
        - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
        - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
          I think it is kinda funny. The Ute sacrament is shots of tequila. Makes sense to me.
          I think that looks like Fireball.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            I think that looks like Fireball.
            So it must be mpfunk's sacrament.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              So it must be mpfunk's sacrament.
              Uh, No. The picture was taken at the game. mpf requires the priests to deliver his eucharist

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Uh, No. The picture was taken at the game. mpf requires the priests to deliver his eucharist
                Right. These guys are the priests preparing to visit the hermit brother funk.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  I think it is kinda funny. The Ute sacrament is shots of tequila. Makes sense to me.
                  The tequila of Joseph Smith and Jesus' time was different than the tequila today.
                  I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• I'm offended, but not shocked. This isn't out of character and is part of the broader issue at the UofU in terms of taking light things that are sacred to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      I'm offended, but not shocked. This isn't out of character and is part of the broader issue at the UofU in terms of taking light things that are sacred to others.

I'm not offended. I'm more (self-righteously) amused. Much like Trump's lockerroom talk, or a monkey throwing it's own sh** at someone watching it at the zoo, a Ute is going to do, what a Ute is going to do. What I miss is the ALUF's defense/rationalization that this is unique or unusual behavior, when all evidence points to the contrary.

Speaking of ALUF's: One of my favorites, just made me chuckle out loud. Well done, Dwight.

Comment

• I'm not offended or shocked. People do that stuff all the time. Virgin Mary bongs, sexy nun Halloween costumes, etc. They're trying to be funny and it's harmless. I'll take the irreverent Mo-hating Ute fan over an ALUF any day. They at least have a consistent ethos. Much more respectable than someone who turns their back on the university owned, operated and maintained by their religion. That said, they both suck and deserve hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I'm offended, but not shocked. This isn't out of character and is part of the broader issue at the UofU in terms of taking light things that are sacred to others.

I am not shocked that you are offended.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post

I'd actually be pretty offended if he wasn't.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post

Look, by any measure it is offensive. In fact, the whole point is to BE offensive. That IS the punch line. It may not be worth responding to. It may even be wryly amusing to some, but if you think it is not offensive then you really don't get it.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Look, by any measure it is offensive. In fact, the whole point is to BE offensive. That IS the punch line. It may not be worth responding to. It may even be wryly amusing to some, but if you think it is not offensive then you really don't get it.
                                I agree the whole intent is to be shocking and offensive. I was simply not surprised that Moliere was one who took offense. YOhio's response is the most sensible one, imo.

"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X